7 | Mira

Trigger Warning: Assault

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 | 6:00 pm

    Today, Mira had been asked to wait the floor, which worked greatly in her favor when it came to what she was about to do.

    The rest of the day had gone by with no sign of the three men they were looking for, but Wolfe and Amos kept their word and stayed the entire time. Now it was about an hour until closing, and Chance made an appearance.

    When she saw that Clarissa had gone into the back room for something, Mira sauntered over to where Chance was sitting, smiling at him as she took out her pen and notepad to take his order.

    "Hey, nice to see you again, Chance. What can I do for you?"

    "Oh, you could do lots of things for me." The bald man grinned at her, and she felt a hand touch her thigh. It took everything she had not to kick him in the face.

    "Come on now." She chuckled and swatted his hand away, trying to pass her murderous rage off as being flirty. "Food? Drink?"

    "Just a tall, piping hot cup of coffee for me. Say, where's that friend of yours."

    "Oh, Clarissa?" She asked as she wrote down the order. "You know, she isn't all that interested.." She lowered her voice. Now came the hook. "But if you still need me to do something for you later, I'd be glad to help after my shift is over.."

    "Oh sweet cheeks, you really think you have what it takes?"

    Bastard. He really does think I'm ugly. Better him than someone else, though.

    "Well what do I not have that my friend does?" She challenged. She knew she was told not to push it, but the way the disgusting conversation was going, it left her open for another try.

    "Don't waste your time on me, go find a nice guy you might have a chance at riding and surviving after instead."

    Alright, if she hadn't drawn a line already, that was where it was. Definitely. Bold, dark, big line right there. She felt humiliated and disgusted, who spoke that way in public of all places?

    She hoped no one else besides Amos and Wolfe heard that conversation, because if word got out that she was flirting with a customer and blatantly offering sex while doing her job, she would definitely be fired and again, she needed the money badly.

    She made his coffee and made sure to add extra sugar, just the way he didn't like it. She brought it back to him, and when she turned to leave she felt a tug on her skirt. She stopped in her tracks, red in the face, getting ready to turn around and smack him when she caught sight of Wolfe staring sternly at her.

    That son of a bitch. She thought. The look he was giving her told her to just keep doing her job and leave it alone.

    So reluctantly, and with very tense shoulders, she did. Her shift didn't last much longer anyway, and soon the cafe was cleared out of customers. Amos and Wolfe stayed, and they used the time she was taking sweeping the floor and wiping down tables to talk about what to do next.

    "Wow, Goose. I thought you were going to murder that guy before we even got a chance to lay a finger on him."

    Goose?

    "Um.." Mira stopped sweeping for a moment, looking over at Amos. "Goose?"

    "Yeah, your last name is Geese isn't it? At least I think.. I thought Goose was a cute nickname."