8 | Hailey

Thursday, December 12, 2019 | 5:45 pm

    In the past two weeks, all attention had been turned to the kidnapping case that Wolfe, Amos, and Mira had been assigned to. It turned into all hands on deck after that one day filled with tension in the office. There had been more instances where groups had been sent out, but she noticed that Mira and Amos never were included.

    Hailey, along with everyone else, were not briefed on what happened that night at the cafe. They were however given whatever information was already obtained, and listened to the interrogations given to who were now known as Chance, Jeremiah, and Braxton. They were small-time criminals, nothing but petty crimes up until recently. They now were being apprehended for attempted kidnapping and are under suspicion of involvement with the other three girls who were taken. Guild 2 was hoping it would be nothing but an open and shut case, but just as many others that were thrown their way by the higher-ups, this one was not so simple.

    So far, they haven't been able to get information out of Chance and Jeremiah, but Braxton was more than happy to sell out his comrades.

"I'm caught." He had said. "By the time I'm out, I'm just hoping you would have caught the bastards."

Apparently, this whole ordeal was bigger than Guild 2 had originally thought. After a few reports were put in the systems, an executive decision was made that Guild 2 would merge with Guild 5 until the case was closed, and any more incoming cases would be sent to Guilds 1, 3, and 4. There was a total of 16 people working on the case, and it was becoming more strenuous by the hour.

The apprentices started staying overtime by the end of the first week. The only exception was Mira, who needed to work. Although she was working on the case, outside of the office she technically was still a witness and a target both. Amos took her to and from her shifts, which Hailey could tell she was a bit agitated over, but accepted it nonetheless.

Ella had switched from learning how to read auras to helping on the case as well. Mai had decided that she was far enough along to put a pause on mastering her power and work with everyone else for awhile. When Hailey spoke with Ella about it, she seemed a bit upset that her progress was being put on hold, but she did understand why it had to be done.

"So, we know that Axel Brauss is our main suspect. Obviously, that isn't his actual name, or else this would be so much less complicated. According to Braxton, no one has seen his face, so we can't go off of a description. We're pretty much at a loss. There's been no evidence left, and even after missing his chance with Mira, he's continued to take others."

At the moment, the entire team (minus Mira) was going over what they had so far. They all were scattered among the third floor, with Wolfe sitting on a barstool at the front of the room leading the discussion.

In the time that Hailey had been an apprentice at The Guild, she had noticed that despite his younger age, Wolfe had an air of authority among the others. She also knew that he was her predecessor as Aldritch's apprentice. She could tell that the two were close- anyone could. Aldritch acted as a father figure toward him, and she occasionally wondered if he actually was his father- or rather, his grandfather, she supposed.

"And there have been continued attempts to take Miss Geiss, correct?" One of the Guild 5 members, Tim, asked.

"Correct." Wolfe confirmed, falling silent after. She could almost hear the cogs turning in his head from where she sat.

"So why don't we let her be taken? If we do that, it'll be open and shut."

Wolfe made brief eye contact with Amos, who sat in a back corner, before he addressed Tim again. "No."