First Day

<Dawn's POV>

Its a hot day out, but I still HAVE to wear a hoodie, being a vampire I can't be exposed to the sun for too long, the longest I can last is around 3-4 hours, I walked over to my garage and opened the door, then walked down to my basement, where I kept my Javelins, I looked over them. Colossus, Ranger and Storm. 

I walked over to my Storm and entered it, after getting comfortable I walked out and flew to where my new school was, the age you can get a Javelin is 15, if you get past their tests and training, which I did. So whenever I go out for a long distance I take one of my Javelins. 

Flying around in the sky, especially on a beautiful day like this never gets old. As I passed by a Interceptor I gave them a wave and they waved back, everyone in this town is nice.

As I landed I looked around for a area to 'park' my Javelin, and found it, so I walked over and got out of my storm, took my bag off of it, and walked inside the school. While hiding my fangs with a scarf and pulling my hood up.

I looked around, getting used to the place, then walked to my English class. Thankfully I'm here early, so I walk to my seat "Hello, Dawn" the teacher said as I sat down, I pulled my hood down, then checked to make sure my scarf covered my fangs.

After a moment a few walked in, he was wearing a t-shirt and jeans, his emerald eyes meeting my ruby eyes for a brief moment. "Alex" "Mr. Hendry" they addressed each other. Alex then walked over and sat on the chair next to me at my desk, it was big enough for two people. "Hi" he said, making eye contact with me "Hey" I responded, keeping my bloodlust in check. Then ruby walked in and sat at the desk next to ours.

<Alex's POV>

He seemed nice, I looked at him, dressed like it was cold, strange, since its summer. One thing I noticed is that he had a freelancer symbol necklace. Something only freelancers have, from what I heard they are given it along with their first javelin "Are you a freelancer?" he looked down for a second, then back up "Yeah" I'm interested now, "What Javelins do you have?" I asked, "Storm, Ranger, Colossus" he responded,  I know what they look like, so I said "Nice"

"I'm Dawn" "Nice name, I'm Alex" I said, smiling a little.

The bell rang for the beginning of period one, everyone else walked in, took their seats, and class began.

We were doing work on stories, each pair of students work together to make a story each, could be about anything, but had to be 550 words or longer. 

"How about a murder mystery?" Dawn suggested. "Why not a action?" I suggested, we kept suggesting ideas, and eventually we agreed on a romance, about werewolf and a vampire who meet during a full moon.

It will take a few days for it to be completed, and everyone else's will take a few days. So t isn't a problem, we decided to have it on a USB, as both of us carried laptops, so we would work on it in our free periods. We also gave each other's usernames on Xbox and Skype, along with phone numbers.

The bell rang and everyone left in a few seconds "So, what do you have next?" "I.T." I looked at him, surprised "that's what I have next" I said "I think we have the same timetable" he said, "Well, lets go before we are late" I said as I ran to class, Dawn following behind.

The rest of the day flew by, we found out lots about each other, and as we walked out I saw him walk over to where the Javelin's where kept "Hey Dawn, can I see your javelin?" I asked, he nodded and jumped into a Storm, it was a beautiful sight, the suit had a mix of gold, silver, red, ad its blue glowing eyes and crimson cape added to the appearance. "Whoa, that's YOURS?!"  "Yep, took a week to complete the cape alone" "Wow.." I said, still taking in the appearance of the suit.

"Lets meet up sometime, out of school?" he said, hesitating between each word "Yeah, sure, cya tomorrow" I said, waving as he took off into the clear, blue, sky.