08 | EIGHT

"Gguk ah,"

Jeongguk, who was seated on the carpeted floor infront of the television watching some variety shows, turned his head to the side to face Hyejung upon his name being called. He hummed as a response to her call  and nodded once when both of their eyes met as a simple gesture for her to continue her words.

"Do you know that our company is planning to collaborate with a secret agent company soon?" she asked while her hands are still busy spreading the blueberry jam all over the top of the soft white bread using her knife.

Jeongguk turned his head back to the front, and stared up at the ceiling for a few seconds. He let out a low hum as he think, and his thick lower lips trapped in between his teeth, nibbling on it. "Erm, no. I don't think so," he replied and again pivoted his body 180 degrees towards the girl's direction. "Why?"

"Nah, just want to let you know. Who knows that chief wants you to get involved. So, might as well to let you know earlier, so that you won't be surprised or anything," she paused as she pulled the chair for her to sit on. "Because we can't really predict him. Hey, come here, eat this,"

Jeongguk stood up from the floor and dust off his pants while he sauntered to the dining table, pulling out the chair to sit infront of Hyejung. "So, if i'm involved," he hummed again, thinking of what words should he use in his sentences. "it wouldn't be that dangerous right?"

"It shouldn't be. But then again, we can't really predict. It actually depended on the situation," Hyejung munched on her bread, that has jam on top of it, while Jeongguk stared at her with eyes filled with curiousity. "You know how our chief is, always tell us things last minute," she shrugged and continue to munch on her breakfast. "and make us rushed our works."

"What did it have to do with us though, i mean, the plan to collaborate with the secret agent company?" ask the robot again with his mouth still filled with the breakfast Hyejung prepared for him.

A long sigh escaped from between the girl's lips as she placed her cup back on the table after taking a small sip of her hot coffee from it. "I don't know, honestly. But i think, it has to be something to do with this Apjeong Project. Like, to test you guys' defense skills?" she sighed again. "I don't know Jeongguk-ah. Let's just wait for the chief's announcement,"

"Okay, noted," Jeongguk stated, taking a bite from his food before he resumed, "but,"

"But?" Hyejung tilted her head slightly to the side, waiting for the robot to continue.

"Just remember that i will always try my very best protect you whether we are involved in this secret agent thing or not," said the male prototype while the girl seated across him just nodded and stay speechless at his words.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hi~ I'm still alive here~ Sorry for not updating this book like for..a month plus? I'm busy lately and i have exam tomorrow (*sobs). Wish me luck guys!

Enjoy this short (sorry, huhuhu) chapter! Next update would be at the end of this month or early next month.