10 | TEN

(Just in case if you guys are confused, their office and where they lived are in the same building :) It is just a small office though, the headquarter where the robots are created are at a different building.)

"Both of you will be assigned to work on the robots together," informed the man. He was wearing a dark grey suit, accompanied by a red neck tie hanging from his collars to complete the formality of his clothing.

"Us? Like the two of us? Who assigned us to be together? Just asking," inquired Hyejung, fingers picking on the other finger's cuticle, hoping that the person who assigned both of them as partners is the one who is easier to be convinced; she wouldn't want to work with the overly-dramatic woman. Meanwhile, the female situated next to her just calmly leaning back on the chair, and threw a sinister smirk at Hyejung as the two of them made eye contact.

"Me, of course. Who else would it be?" replied the chief, full satisfaction can be heard from the tone of his voice. And from that, Hyejung let a long and silent sigh escaped through her nose as she rolled her eyes internally. "Why? Are you not okay with it?"

"I-"

"No! It's okay, nothing is wrong with us being partners for these project!" exclaimed the woman, showing off her white teeth as she smiled widely after cutting off Hyejung's words. "Right? Hyejung-ah?"

Hyejung clenched her fists tightly, so tight until her knuckles turned white due the annoyance building up. In order to cool herself down, she grabbed the water bottle provided infront of her, twisting the cap open and gulped down the contents. She almost slammed the half-empty bottle on the luxurious table if wasn't for her chief that was still present there with them, watching their actions while relaxing in his seat.

"Okay, seems like both of you are okay with it." He stood up, grabbing his smart phone on the table then straighten the creases on his coat using both of his hands. "I'll trust both of you guys for these project, so i hope the two of you will kindly cooperate with each other. Remember, cooperations between two peoples are the important key that leads towards success." he continued.

". . . Okay," replied Hyejung after exhaling out her breath. "What the fuck is wrong with my life?" she mumbled again to herself, softly as she looked at her black high heels, tapping them lightly on the tiled floor.

"What did you say, Hyejung-ssi?" questioned the male, now standing at the side of his table, ready to go after taking the things he needed with him.

"Oh? No, i didn't say anything though. I am just happy to have a partner assigned to work on the project with me," she faked a smile on her face, emphasising the word 'partner' to express her sarcasm, in which, unfortunately, didn't noticed by the chief.

"Well, it's good to know that. I'll go to the meeting room now. It's almost time already. So, again, i hope both of you will cooperate with each other, and see you around. Have a nice day."

"Have a nice day too, Chief!" beamed the female next to Hyejung, making her scoff.

"You're pretending to be kind so that he'll give you a higher position right?" Hyejung blurted out, chuckling to herself while shaking her head. "So pathetic, tsk tsk tsk . . . "

"You-"

"I'm going out now," Hyejung stood up, straightening her black coat and took the file from the table. "Goodbye, partner."

A/N

Hi, just wanna tell you guys that i officially changed my wattpad username from @sugagummybear_ to yoon-93

Well, just in case if you guys want to search my books or something ehe (as if my book is interesting AHAHAHA)

But yeah i think that's all. Enjoy reading. Have a nice day/night everyone! Stay hydrated! Love you! 💜