#4 Child OoT Link × Child Reader | Cuccos

"Ah!"

A loud yell was heard from a blonde boy, age of ten, while running around Kakariko Village, being chased by cuccos. It was just a bright and sunny day, the children are playing, adults were conversing, a typical day at the peaceful village.

The young blonde boy, named Link, was trying to hit a fruit from a nearby tree using a slingshot. He ran out of rupees and he was hungry, so this was the only solution he had in mind other that breaking pots and cutting grass.

Releasing the rubber the deku nut flew, the young boy hoping to hit the branch, but unfortunately, he missed. The deku nut went through the leaves. Link was waiting for the sound of impact but instead, he heard a loud screech.

It was a cucco.

Link's eyes widened as he started running, not even looking behind his back for the fear of seeing an army of cuccos flying towards him. He knows how these creatures attack, for he had experienced it before. He barely survived that day, and it was tragic.

Hearing their sounds coming near he tried to push his legs to run faster. His heart was beating fast and his mind was filled with terror. He just wanted a fruit! He was starving! Why can't luck just come to him for a second?

Maybe it was better to run into people's homes and break some pots.

"Ah!" He started to scream as he felt them coming close to his back. Beaks ready, claws deadly, and eyes with murder.

As he run he prayed for a miracle. He knew that if he were to run outside of the village he wouldn't make it. So he prayed at the Goddesses for a hiding spot. Or for someone to lend a helping hand.

He suddenly yelped when he felt a strong grip pull his right arm, forcing him into a building with no lights.

It was pitch black. He could not see anything. He drawn out his sword and stayed put at his spot, enhancing his senses to be ready for an attack. Whoever this was, they are certainly a person, judging by their hands. He was greatful for the save, but it's hard to just trust a stranger pulling you into a dark place.

Perhaps he misjudged. Maybe this was another type of monster that he never knew existed. He knew that fighting it off is better that being attacked by an army of cuccos. So he'll compromise.

He heard a sound of a match being lightened. He quickly pointed his sword to the direction of the sound. He saw a faint dot of fire, probably the match. It was slowly being lifted beside the wall, the reached a candle. When it passed the fire to the candle the whole place became visible. They were just in an abandoned house, with the windows sealed, blocking the sunlight from entering.

"Isn't it rude to point a weapon at your saviour?"

His wandering gaze is instantly drawn its attention to the speaker; a young girl with dirty and worn out clothes and (H/L), (H/C) hair. She looked tired and... sad. He did not know if it was because of him, or anything else. She looked like she was around his age, or younger. Other than her state she was beautiful. Even if her eyes were full of sadness.

He lowered his weapon and sheathed it at his back. His threatening gaze slowly turned calm, certain that this girl is not a threat, and he should not worry about anything.

"I'm sorry," Link muttered under his breath.

The girl chuckled and gave him a wide smile, "I was just kidding. What did you do to those cuccos just to end up almost getting killed by them?"

The boy chuckled nervously and scratched his head, 'If I tell her I'll sound like I'm crazy..'

"I-" He paused for a moment, clearing his throat,"I think they're plotting to kill me."