#5 SS Link × Reader | Witch

It was 6:00 o'clock in the morning when (Y/N) quietly opened their door to grab the newspaper at the doormat.

Newspaper on hand, she grabbed a cup of coffee from the kitchen counter and walked towards the little hammock by their huge dorm windows. She placed the cup of coffee by the window, and started finding the best position.

Waking up early was normal for her. She liked watching the sun rise and give life to their floating town of Skyloft. What she liked about the sunrise is how the loftwings fly around the sky, looking like their dancing from joy.

(Y/N)'s dormmate was the opposite. He often wakes up around 10 am to 1 pm. Even now, she can still hear him snore. Even if he often wakes up late, he is a light sleeper. Any sound can instantly wake him up and will instantly cause him to lose his sleep.

"Her dormmate's a 'he'?" "Isn't that illegal?" Well, here's how it works.

Him and she are best friends since birth. Literally. Their mothers were close friends, and their friendship and kind deeds were known across their little town.

Unfortunately, his parents died. So her family took care of her.

They were raised as if they were siblings, doing normal sibling stuff. He felt like he was really a part of the family, until her parents died from a tragic accident.

All of that were seven years ago, and now they're seventeen.

They were allowed to live together since they were raised together, so they thought that everything is fine.

But we all know that a boy and a girl can't possibly be just bestfriends.

(Y/N) liked him since they started puberty. Of course, one would think that it was just the hormones. That was what she thought too. But as time pass, her feelings grew even more.

This love was such a terrifying thought of her.

She thought that she doesn't have a chance. She thought that he wouldn't want her.
She thought that he only saw her as his best friend.

Then again, those were just her thoughts.

She still acted naturally around him, still shows her full self, and not changing anything for him. She acts as how she really is. Even if those said feelings were still there, she didn't feel any awkwardness around him. She was comfortable with him.

And maybe that was the reason why those feelings didn't fade.

.
.
.

Link was already awake by 6 in the morning, and it was a truly rare event. He slept early the day before since his energy was drained from all the events.

The Academy did took it seriously when it comes to competition. He did won, but he felt truly drained with all of the adrenaline rush and full time practice.

Link stayed in his bed, staring at the ceiling, being lost in his own thoughts. He plan on climbing out of his bed when the sun shined through his window.

He thought about his dormmate, (Y/N). To be all honest, he had caught feelings for her from a long time ago. Maybe it was because of her being true with herself? Because of her own personality?

It was a question he cannot answer, but damn, it feels great when she's around.

He felt uneasy with the thought itself. He cannot have feelings for her! He cannot risk the chance of their unique friendship being broken just because of a stupid confession.

He wanted to be her lover, but he cannot risk for their friendship being over if it went downhill.

It always frustrates him of how they always tease him with Zelda, his other friend. Are they really that blind? He does not see his future with Zelda at all! She is just a friend.

He always thought; "why can't they just tease me with (Y/N)?"

He shook his head and let a hand through his hair. "I CANNOT THINK OF THIS!" He thought, "I MUST ONLY KEEP THESE FEELINGS FOR MYSELF. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?"

He cannot deny it, though. The thought of her name alone is enough to make him smile.

.
.
.

(Y/N) shook her head to clear her thoughts. She sighed and unfolded the newspaper. She had to keep it clean, since Link reads it too when he wakes up.

She glanced at the window. The sun was halfway from being truly shown. She always thought of holding a grip on her head, to control her thoughts. It was because whenever she gets lost of her own thoughts, she will not snap out until someone causes a distraction.

Unfolding the paper, she glances at her cup of coffee. The coffee was moving from the vibration. She ignored it and continued on to reading the headline.

"Three students from The Academy, found dead. Reportedly attacked by a witch?" (Y/N) read aloud with furrowed brows.

"What the f-"

Her sentence was cut off with a loud explosion from the flat above theirs. She gasped and hurriedly ran towards the opposite side of the area. Her eyes widened when she saw a figure, sitting on a broom, with torned-out cloak. A white mane was seen beneath the hood of the cloak, and it was holding a twig looking stick.

(Y/N) casted out spell that summoned a red force field around the said figure. She was about to jump at it from the window when she felt a firm grip on her wrist that pulled her down from the window.

Link held her shoulders firm to keep her attention on him. He was wearing his long-sleeved white top and a pair of green fluffy pants. His hair was still messy and he was still wearing his socks. She found this look of him cute, but now isn't really the best time to swoon over him.

(Y/N) was wearing one of Link's shirts, which she always does whenever she's going to bed. It was a (C) shirt that was big on her, and her (C) shorts that reached her knees. Her hair was tied up into a messy bun, which she unintentionally left overnight. Link always found her pajamas cute, and he liked the fact that she likes wearing his shirts, but he needs to focus on what was going on.

"You don't need to convince me on not going, Link. I need to stop that, whatever it is."

Link only stared at her eyes, which were filled with bravery and determination. She was a selfless person, another thing that he liked about her.

Link unconsciously hugged her tight. (Y/N) was shocked by the action, but she returned the hug. As tight as possible.

"I'll try to keep up with you. Just keep that thing far from the town." Link said with an anxious tone.

(Y/N) laughed and smacked his head. "Oh, Link-ey. You know I'm tougher that that."

They let go of the hug. (Y/N) quickly rushed over the window and whistled.

"Keep safe, alright?" Link said.

"I will."

(Y/N) turned to him and smirked. She then heard her loftwing, (N), coming fast from the sky. She then jumped out of the window, just in time for her loftwing.

________

part two coming up !