Spicer

"The Dornishman's wife was as fair as the sun,and her kisses were warmer than spring.
But the Dornishman's blade was made of black steel,and its kiss was a terrible thing."

The blonde girl sang while her older siblings listened. She was a good singer everybody in Casterly Rock knew that.

She had once sung with her mother but she was dead now and the girl never spoke of her. It was as if she had never existed. Never cared for her but she remembered but she as she often told herself  must be strong for the family. And that she was.

She had held Cersei as she cried,braided her hair and whispered reassurance. Cersei needed that. To feel important. She made sure Cersei knew how strong she was and reminded her of who she was. Yet she always made to sure to include it's best to let your emotions out but never in public.

She had hugged her brother and told him despite being a boy he should cry to. She complemented his swordsmanship and most importantly helped him with his studies giving him the patience and praise the maesters never had. In result to this his education flourished much to his father's pride.

Yet her biggest responsibility was looking after her baby brother. She knew immediately that Cersei and her father blamed him but when she looked into his mix matched eyes all she felt was love.

Later she learnt that his eyes and other features were a result of his disfigurement yet she didn't mind. He was her brother. A child that her mother died giving birth to and she would make sure he lived to be very old.

She at first was the only one who  went to visit him but she managed to convince Jaime who in turn like her fell in love with the boy. She however knew Cersei and her lord father would never love him so she would make up for it.

"The Dornishman's wife would sing as she bathed in a voice that was sweet as a peach,
But the Dornishman's blade had a song of its own and a bite sharp and cold as a leech." The girl continued to sing.

"Ella care to enlighten us on why you are singing a dornish song." Cersei asked. "Dear sister I believe you know the answer to that." She responded making her sister blush.

The Martells were coming and it was rumoured that Lord Martell wanted a betrothal between Cersei and his son even though many thought it was a visit for his daughter and Jaime.

She knew her father would refuse for Cersei was meant for the prince. She knew he wouldn't wed Jaime to the girl as he had plans for a Tully union. Maybe she'd marry the Martell boy instead.

She could imagine that. The beautiful golden dessert of dorne. The spices she'd have at meals. Playing in the water garden for hours on end. Wearing beautiful silks. She might even learn how to fight the women in dorne could do that. She wouldn't have to hide like she did then with her lessons with Jaime.

She might even get a Dornish steed. It would be a light brown colour similar to leather and it's eyes would be the colour sand made at sunset (what she could imagine from books). It would be wonderful yet she knew she couldn't leave her family.

She had responsibilities. Thinking about it the Tully words suited her more than her family's. Family,duty,honour. Yes that was her value of importance. Family comes first always. She laughed a bit thinking of it. A fish in lion's clothing.

She looked out of the window the sun was high in the sky. It's rays turning the windows of the city of Lannisport into gold. When she had just passed her fourth name day she asked to visit the city so she could see the golden windows in person.

When she had saw them her disappointment was clear. It had been a trick of the sun. A cruel one at that. She had cried for it. She couldn't remember what it felt like to cry anymore. A sweet release it must be.

Yet life goes on. You can drown in the past or look to the future. She wouldn't let her past determine her future.

As she looked outside she decided it was time to see her brother. As she walked along the corridor a maid tripped. The water she was carrying went right on her dress.

Cerella closed her eyes trapping her fury inside. Good outer impression she reminded herself. "M'lady I'm so sorry." Illiterate commoner. Cerella faked a smile. "It is quite alright just don't do it again." Or I'll have you tongue ripped out.

She watched the maid walk away. A couple days later she was hit in the face by a horse and lost a few teeth or that was how the story was told.

A Lannister always pays her debts. She thought as she saw the last of the maid. Now to see her darling brother.

As she came in she saw one of the maids playing with him on the floor. She smiled at that. He laughed. He had a beautiful laugh . She loved his laugh more than all the gold her family possessed.

As she watched on she overheard two women gossiping. "He is so ugly." The dark haired women whispered. "I know I can't believe he's a Lannister I mean look at his siblings they are all beautiful."The other women replied. "Well I've heard a rumour he's the kings bastard child."

That was it. He dare they disrespect her brother that way. And her mother! They basically called her a whore. A mistress. How dare they. They are Lannisters. Golden lions.

A lion doesn't concern themselves with the opinion of the sheep. Yet they must be kept as sheep and see who the true lion is. They were disrespecting her family. Their liege lords.

"My lady." Cerella called. The dark haired women turned around quickly her eyes widening in surprise. "I believe we have not met." Cerella said slyly.

"Lady Sybell Spicer ,my lady." Spicer. An ennobled house descended from merchants. She was hardly a lady. social climbers were the Spicers. Know your people. Learn what they want.

The Spicers had no loyalty there were sworn to themselves. Cerella wouldn't be surprised if they murdered a king just to get higher up in rank.

"Well how is your father?" Cerella hide her smile. 'Lord' Spicer was famous for having many mistresses.

"Just fine my lady." Sybell replied looking down. "Good anyway I would very much enjoy spending time with my brother now in private if you wouldn't mind it." She put the Emphasis on brother.

"Of course not my lady." The other women replied. Everyone quickly left including the maid.

She then returned her attention to her brother.
He was sitting on the floor staring at her. She stuck out her tongue and he had smiled.

She smiled returning him the affection a mother would. She played with the boy the rest of the day to her sister's resentment and father's anguish.