Hear me roar

Cerella sat in silence. Her eyes locked on the floor. Her father was pacing. She swung her legs.

"Do you know what you have done?" Her father asked in a voice that would make dragons cower in fear.

Cerella raised her eyes to his desk. Still silent. She continued swinging her legs as if she hadn't heard him.

She bit her lip. She was deep in thought.Her green eyes glazed over illuminating the golden flecks.

"Do you know what you have done?"Her father asked again.

The silence was thick like a northern's cloak. Sharp like Valyrian Steel. Loud like a lion's roar.Overwhelming like the secret desire of twins.

Cerella raised her eyes. This time staring into the soul of the great lion. She whispered "a lion does not concern himself with the opinions of the sheep. Why answer to a sun stabbed with a spear?"

Her father stopped pacing but before he could reply she said "alliance?" She laughed a little a that. "We won't have one. Jaime is for the Tully girl,Cersei the dragon prince. If you suggest Tyrion it will be an insult and I will not marry the Martell boy as the alliance isn't worth that much and he's a second son."

She retained eye contact with her father the whole time. Instead of continuing her point she simply said "sit down when I speak to you."

Her father compiled all while hiding a small. He sat down gracefully and beckoned for her to continue.

"As I was saying the alliance isn't worth much. They have a reasonable army,they don't produce food like the Tyrells,they have no fleet,nor a considerable amount of wealth. They have a desert and a good red. Nothing more nothing less." She said.

"I would much prefer a Tyrell or a Hightower or maybe even a Redwyne their fleet is the largest in Westeros." She continued.

"And you believe you will chose?"Her father asked.

"No but I know you will make a marriage worthy of me, I am a Lannister after all and Aunt Genna has told me the stories of what you do when lesser men come for Lannisters."

"And you believe the Martells to be lesser." Her father asked his eyes conveying no emotion.

"How does a second son differ from a third." She quipped. Her father's eyes analysed her.

"Your clever for your age. You always have been but you haven't quite grasped politics yet." Her father finally said.

Cerella tilted her head,raised an eyebrow and beckoned for him to continue.

"They might not have much but it's the influence they possess. Their reputation. The only kingdom who didn't bow to the dragons." Her father said the gold flecks in his eyes swirling.

"And what good did our name do when men didn't pay back their debts to your father." She answered.

Her father's forehead creased. His hand turned into fists. Cerella knows she has provoked a lion. She doesn't let the fear show.

Tywin let his gaze stay on his daughter for a while. She was proud that was for sure but she also had sense. He admittedly enjoyed his conversations with Cerella much more than with his other children.

Cersei was too proud and Jaime loved the art of the sword more than his lordship. Cerella was intelligent beyond her years albeit proud but not oblivious. She knew their place and would fight for it. However Tywin wanted to test the girl.

"What are our house words?" He spoke with a surprising softness. Cerella was taken aback at the simplicity of the question but was anxious to find her father's carefully hidden edge.

Cerella knew the answer of course it was drilled into her head. The very words were as simple as breathing. It flowed within her veins and echoed in every beating of her heart. It was as familiar to her as her own face.

Cerella hesitated for a moment. If it were Jaime or Cersei they would have immediately responded. Cerella must be smarter than that. There was an edge. There always was with their father.

Cerella looked into Tywin's eyes. They were the mirror of the own. She wanted to be just like him. Have his intelligence and wit but to do that she must learn. Watch him.

She smiled at her father. Sometimes to gain wisdom you must forsake your pride and there was nothing Cerella craved more than knowledge.

"Hear me roar." She finally said. Her father didn't smile but his eyes seemed to almost lose a layer of their coldness. Her father got up and stared down at her from across the desk.

"Do you know what gave those words that power?" He asked her. Cerella prepared for the wisdom he would bestow on her. She would store it as she always did. Remember it.

"Because of our history,because house Lannister has always honoured those words. It is our reputation. Our legacy."He said as his power came through in every word. Cerella almost wanted to grasp onto it,keep some for herself.

Tywin continued "we gave it the power and meaning and so what if a generation is weak the next will learn from the mistakes and return honour. That is how this works."

The gold in Tywin's eyes shone and Cerella as most people are when in the presence of Tywin Lannister was awestruck. He was as always right.

"The Martells honour their words and this generation is strong. The boy is called the red viper. You do well not to forget that." Tywin said the majesty in his words still leaving Cerella speechless.

All she could do was nod. Tywin then sat back down in his seat. "You may go now." He said with a wave of his hand. Cerella immediately obeyed although her mind was consumed with what her father said.

It was when she walking down the corridor she realised he never said if she would marry the Martel boy. She bit her lip. He won't she decided. She had made her designs clear and although she had been taught a valuable lesson he had always listened to what she said.

She may have walked out of that room a scolded and arrogant child but she was still Cerella Lannister. And Cerella Lannister always got what she wanted.