𝙸𝙸𝙸

𝙳𝙴𝙰𝙳𝙻𝚈 𝙲𝙻𝙰𝚂𝚂
𝙸𝙸𝙸 - 𝙽𝙾𝚃 𝙰 𝙽𝚄𝙽

Juniper Good was the least bit interested in the words escaping the lips of Master Lin within their hour-long class

Juniper Good was the least bit interested in the words escaping the lips of Master Lin within their hour-long class. The man would drone on and on about a single topic and would scold whoever would question his teaching abilities. Honestly, Juniper expected nothing less.

"World War One was started by a teenager with a pistol." Master Lin spoke aloud in front of his AP Black Arts class. "Serbian peasant who chose to assassinate Arch Duke Franz Ferdinand. Set in motion that chain reaction culminating in two world wars and today's Cold War."

Juniper's eyes narrowed as she watched Brandy Lynn pass a neatly-folded note to none other that Marcus Lopez Arguello. What in God's name could she have inscribed on that paper? What could she possibly have to say to him?

"Character is revealed through choice. Consider for a moment."

As Marcus went to reach for the note, Master Lin smacked his cane down on top of it, not wavering for a moment as the boy jumped.

"Sorry, I was just-- Jesus!" Marcus went to explain but was quickly cut off as Master Lin swung the same cane around.

It echoed a gruesome crunch against Brandy's pale skin, the blonde girl tearing up as blood fell from her nose. Students around them snickered into the palms of their hands, trying to suppress their voices. Juniper shook her head and let a shaky breath fall from her lips as she dropped her forehead to her hands.

"Who would be the recipient of your rage? The thief? Child molestor? The world leader? This one decision betrays all secrets and unveils true motive."

Marcus watched wide-eyed as Brandy brought a finger to the stream of red dripping to her cupid's bow and proceeded to bring the now coated skin to her tongue. Her tears had dried and a smirk had stretched across the previously damp skin.

Juniper could hear the shuffling as Marcus unfolded the note but refused to turn around and look at him, knowing Master Lin would rightfully hit her as well.

"Ask yourself: on that dark ledge, poised to strike with clean opportunity, who would you kill? Your homework tonight: half your semester grade will tell me who you really are. Use your training. Search the city for a worthy target, someone you think deserves to die, and kill them."

The bell rang and students jumped out of their seats, eager to leave after hearing about their new assignment. Juniper remained seated, not wanting to exit quite yet. Leaving would mean that this was real. It would feel real. The last thing she wanted was to take another life.

"Hide the body, hide the evidence, bring me proof."

"No problem for a killer like you." Willie scoffed as he passed by Marcus.