𝚅𝙸𝙸

𝙳𝙴𝙰𝙳𝙻𝚈 𝙲𝙻𝙰𝚂𝚂
𝚅𝙸𝙸 - 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙿𝙾𝙿 𝚀𝚄𝙸𝚉

Marcus Lopez Arguello walked out into the graveyard the next morning like a man on a mission

Marcus Lopez Arguello walked out into the graveyard the next morning like a man on a mission. The first thing he bothered to ask was what Petra had been smoking, of course. His eyes wandered over to Juniper, who was laying on one of the concrete graves, headphones plugged in, eyes closed.

"So, what? Are you and Junie banging or something?" Billy pried.

Marcus shook his head. "Nah, man. It was just a kiss."

Petra rolled her eyes and hummed. "Yeah, okay."

The boy leaned forward. "Got something to say?"

The girl nodded. "Yeah, you're an idiot. No guy lets a girl like June go."

"Who says I'm letting her go?"

"Um, you, Mr. It Was Just a Kiss." Petra mocked.

Marcus shook his head. "Whatever."

June hopped off the grave as the bell rang, pulling the headphones from her ears. She watched as Lex kissed Marcus and then smacked him, her brows furrowing.

"Wow, is he a better kisser than I am, Marcus?" She taunted, her finger trailing his shoulders as she walked by him.

"If I say no, will I get to kiss you again?"

She turned around, walking backwards, and shrugged. "I guess you'll just have to wait and see."

"So I found this haggard-ass homeless lady who told me about this dude." Willie spoke to the class, buttoning his blazer.

June placed her head in the palm of her hand and kept from rolling her eyes.

"Full hardcore. He was collecting memorabilia, like we learned about in class. So I waited for him, crept up on him. This dude, he was about to stab me with a screwdriver. And I found this pipe. I crushed that fool's head in. Dumpstered the body. Set it on fire and got out of there."

Willie sat down at his desk as Master Lin began walking around the classroom. "70% of soldiers don't pull the trigger in battle, no matter the stakes. The weak always choke in the face of killing. With fear of expulsion, all your hopes and dreams, all your family's expectations, only one of you could do it, so we'll have a new test," He smacked his cane down on the desk in front of Saya. "a final chance to prove your worth. Survive and you earn a place here. Fail and you die."

June twirled the ring on her finger as he went on, her heart pounding against her ribcage.

"The weak do not belong in my school. Go. Get out of my sight."

The students did not hesitate to get up and gather their belongings. Marcus walked beside June as they began to leave.

"Willie, stay." Master Lin told the student, making Marcus and June turn back around to look at their friend.