𝙸𝚅

𝙳𝙴𝙰𝙳𝙻𝚈 𝙲𝙻𝙰𝚂𝚂
𝙸𝚅 - 𝚂𝙰𝙻𝙴𝙼 𝚆𝙸𝚃𝙲𝙷 𝚃𝚁𝙸𝙰𝙻𝚂

The last thing Juniper Good was expecting that day was to run into Colby Good

The last thing Juniper Good was expecting that day was to run into Colby Good. The teenager just so happened to be June's brother. He was the golden boy, everyone loved him. Not a single person at King's Dominion could name one thing he had ever done wrong.

And that pissed Juniper off.

"Hey! Lil' sis'!" He called out upon spotting her in the hallway.

He jogged up and slung his arm around her shoulders lazily. Juniper smiled up at him and rolled her eyes. Colby may have been the favorite, but she still loved him.

"What could you possibly want?" She questioned.

He feigned offense. "What? Can't I just check up on my sister?"

Juniper shook her head.

He shrugged. "Fair enough." Licking his lips, he looked around for any eavesdroppers. "Okay, so I heard from some kid that you have a certain assignment tonight."

Immediately, June knew exactly what he was referring to. Master Lin's homework. Her heart ached just thinking about it.

"I know the last time you did something like this was when... you know. But, I have a few people in mind that genuinely deserve this."

She truly did not deserve her brother.

Colby Good had gone out of his way to hep his sister yet again. Would there ever be a day where he wouldn't put her first? He certainly didn't think so.

"Colby-"

"No, listen, okay? I know it might resurface some bad shit and I know that dad won't be happy with me after doing this. But, I have to help you. I'll skip my tutoring session to come with you. You won't have to tell anyone I was there if that affects your grade, but I'm tagging along." He stressed. "Hell, I'll even do it for you."

Juniper stopped walking and turned to face him. Colby skidded to a stop and stared at his sister, waiting for a response. What he got was a tight embrace.

The girl had squeezed her brother into a hug, holding him close. He wrapped his arms around her and sighed. Colby Good would do absolutely anything for his sister.

Marcus was down the hall, watching the scene unfold, a pit of jealousy swirling around in his stomach. Who was this guy?

Juniper pulled away and grinned madly. "Colby, thank you."

He shook his head. "Don't thank me. You've been through shit, June, let me do this for you."

"We're doing it together. I have to get over this eventually."

Colby smiled and scratched the back of his neck. "I'll meet you after dinner, okay? By those two broken vending machines!"

June watched fondly as he rounded the corner and left her range of sight.