Part 11

Amidst the huge crowd which adorned the graduating ceremony of the IIM campus, Naina's eyes searched for Sameer. Disappointed at not spotting him anywhere, her face fell. His absence at the most happiest moment of her life, turned her mood bitter. After all, it wasn't an everyday affair for a girl to be awarded a gold medal for her academic performance in the best management school of India.  "How dare he didn't bother coming here? Baat hi nahi karungi, tabhi akal thikane aayegi", Naina thought to herself. As she walked towards the stage, amidst the cheers of her classmates, to accept her award,  she caught a glimpse of her chacha chachi and Preeti and a tear escaped her left eye. Nothing could have been possible without them. It was their unwavering faith in her capabilities that had made her reach this far. She certainly had the best family in the world.

When the ceremony was declared closed, all the students hurried up to their respective parents. Their happy faces were a testimony to their hard work of the last two years. Naina approached her family, excitedly, to show them her medal. "Mai na kehta tha Bela ki hamari Naina best hai. Aaj isne hamara naam kaise uncha kar diya. Sab hume yaha par Naina ke naam se jaante hain, Chachaji hugged her, unable to control his tears.

"Uff o papa, ab aaj to itne emotional mat ho. Aaj to khush rehne ka din hai. , Preeti spoke.

"Beta, kabhi kabhi ye khushi ke din tu bhi hame de diya kar", Bela hit her arm.

"Mummy, itni khushi na aap sambhal nahi paaoge. Umar thodi jyada ho gayi hai na. Mai to aapka hi bhala sochti hun", Preeti replied and hid behind her father before Bela could  say anything.

"Vaise Naina hamare paas tere liye ek surprise hai, dekhna chahegi?" Preeti asked

"Sameer aya hai. Mujhe pata tha vo aya hai aur kahin chip ke baitha hai", Naina replied and bit her tongue as soon as she realized the presence of her chacha chachi. "Vo mai ye bol ri thi ki kya surprise hai. Dikha na", Naina tried to cover up knowing very well that she was going to fail miserably. 

"Are behan, tu chal to sahi", Preeti dragged her away leaving her parents laughing at Naina's goof up.

"Nayiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii car!", Naina squealed. "Ye kab li. Aur mujhe pata bhi nahi chala."

"Topper ji, isi ko to surprise kehte hain na," Preeti teased her. "Book to papa ne parso hi kara li thi lekin le ke hum aaj hi aye.

"Haye Preeti, hamari apni car. Kitni acchi hai na", Naina looked at the car admiringly.

"Naina, tu na ab thoda bada soch. Tu IIM ki topper hai. Ab tu kisi badi company me kaam karegi. Ho sakta hai tu koi badi company khol le. To ye car var to tere liye aam baat hogi." Preeti said dreamily.

"Aap dono ke hawai kile agar ban kar taiyar ho gaye ho to ghar ki taraf chalen?" Anand asked interrupting Preeti's daydreaming session.

"Chachaji, car bohat acchi hai", Naina said happily.