Touch the sky

The story of how my 'uncle' Gobber lost his arm and leg to the demon dragon Bloodvist became legend. Jack and I got a lot closer. I also became a brother, to a twin. Prince Tuffnut and princess Ruffnut. Wee devils, more like. Jack is teaching them and, believe me, they get away with murder. I can never get away with anything. I'm the crown prince. I'm the example. I've got duties, responsibilities, expectations. My whole life is planned out. Preparing for the that I become... well, my father. He's in charge of every single day of my life.

"Aye Robin, Jolly Robin, and thou shalt know of mine", I exclaimed.

"Project!" My father ordered.

"And thou shalt know of mine!"

"Ennuciate! You must be understood from anywhere in the room. Or it's all for naught."

"This is all for naught", I mumbled against Jack, who was watching me.

"I heard that!" I sighed and rolled my eyes. Jack chuckled.

"From the top!"

Geography.

"A prince must be knowledgeable of his kingdom." I barely listened to my father as he tried to teach me. Instead I drew some things with my charcoal. Suddenly someone pulled away my paper. "He does not doodle."

Hunting.

I carefully pulled the cap off the dragon's head we used for hunting. The next thing I knew he landed right in Gobber's face. Jack and I laughed. "A prince does not chortle!" My father shouted.

"Does not stuff his gob!"

"Rises early!"

"Is compassionate."

"Patient."

"Cautious."

"Clean."

"And, above all, a prince strives for... well, perfection!"

But every once in a while, there's a day when I don't have to be a prince. No lessons, no expectations. Just Jack and I, together. A day where anything can happen. A day when I can change my fate.

I got on Toothless, Jack sitting on his dragon Snowflake behind me.

"Come on Frostbite! First at the waterfalls wins!"

"Oh, you're on!"

When the cold wind is a calling

And the sky is clear and bright

Misty mountains sing and beckon

Lead me out into the light

I will ride

I will fly

Chase the wind and touch the sky

I will fly

Chase the wind and touch the sky

"I'm first!" I exclaimed loudly. After a few seconds Jack landed next to me.

"You always win", he pouted.

"Then why do you keep challenging me?" I asked, one eyebrow raised.

"Well, it has its perks", he said teasing. I rolled my eyes. And gave him a kiss. On the mouth. "That was exactly what I meant." I huffed.

"What now?" I asked.

"Well, there is this thing..." He didn't finish his sentence. I followed his gaze, which fell on the steep cliff wall.

Where dark woods hide secrets

And mountains are fierce and bold

Deep waters hold reflections

Of times lost long ago

I will hear their every story

Keep holding my own dream

Be strong as the sees are stormy

And proud as a dragon's scream

I will ride

I will fly

Chase the wind and touch the sky

I will fly

Chase the wind and touch the sky

I grabbed Jack's hand and pulled him on top of the cliff wall. "There you go." He smiled.

"Can I have this dance, my lord?" He bowed playfully and stretched his hand. I rolled my eyes. Typical Jack, getting us to climb this hole end up, then ask me for a dance. Nevertheless I shrugged and laid my hand in his. We danced until the sun was going down.

And touch the sky

Chase the wind

Chase the wind

Touch the sky

"We'll have to head back", I told him. He sighed.

"Fine, whatever you want." I smiled apologizing before we went down again.