One- Falling

Falling.

For what seems like forever.

Nothing I can grasp onto to keep me from falling.

Darkness.

Going on past what my eyes can see.

Showing no signs of light.

The dreams never show happiness, they are filled with horror, pain and sorrow.

I close my eyes accepting the fate that will come of me in this dream.

Some nights I try not to sleep because the nightmares become too much.

They are always on my mind, even when I'm awake, trying to figure out what they mean.

They never stop. Nightmares are the only dreams I've ever known.

I open my eyes and I'm still falling, deeper and deeper into the darkness. I close my eyes once again.

The falling sensation rocks my body, making me feel weightless, uncontrollable. I know my dreams show things, in this one I know I'm falling, failing to stand still or float.

I want to wake up but I know that isn't an option, my dreams always end the same, and I can't fast forward to the ending.

There is a tugging on my hoodie, stopping me from falling further. I know what will happen now.

I turn around to face the only good part of my dreams. My silent hero.

"Hello." I say, a simple greeting.

"Hello, Frank." The black haired, hazel eyed boy replies.

"Hello... I don't know your name."

"And after all this time! Frank Anthony Iero I'm quite disappointed in you young man."

"Are you ever going to tell me your name?"

"You can't know my name, not yet."

"Why?"

"You have to what."

"But why?"

"Because one day we will meet again, and then you'll wish you waited longer."

I started to drift away from him and be reached out his hand, and I heard a faint "Just wait" as I started to fall again.

___________________________________

I launched up from my bed, soaked in sweat.

There was chill all throughout the bedroom when I realized that I left the window open.

That's the fourth time this week. I swear I closed it last night.

I shook off that thought and got up out of bed.

I go through my daily morning routine,

•Write in "dream" journal

•Get Dressed and Do makeup

•Leave for school

The routine doesn't change, it hasn't changed since a few months ago.

I had started seeing a therapist for my nightmares and he (Dr.Hemmings) told me to write in a dream journal every morning. He would then read and it and try to figure out what my dreams meant or what caused them.

So far, there has been no progress. And as the days go on, my parents become even more worried. Their only son, suffering, and they can't help.

Deep in thought, my mind is reset back to focus when my mom calls from downstairs.