Two

Michael

After another exhausting day at the studio, I made my way home with all intention of sleeping the rest of the day to be rested for the tour preparations the next few days.

Walking through the house hearing sounds in the kitchen didn't seem odd since I always had someone in there cooking for me but when I passed the kitchen I noticed someone different. It wasn't anyone I recognized so I took a few steps back into the kitchen to see who this was.

"Nice house, mannequins are a little creepy but it's very nice." The woman turned to me with a smile as she wiped her hands with a rag near the stove. She looked fairly familiar but my mind couldn't place the name with the face at the moment.

"How did you get in here?" I questioned, slowly moving further into the kitchen.

"I walked through the front gate, how else? Your guards believed everything I said."

"What did you tell them?" Even though I was completely calm on the outside, on the inside I was scared shitless.

"I told them I'm a Los Angeles building inspector come to drop off some papers from the department. They didn't even ask for me to show them."

Idiots. Damn it. Now I'm stuck here with a possible murderer or a kidnapper.

"And if you don't mind, I helped myself to a shower." She added, setting down the rag after her hands were completely dry.

"I'm not here to hurt you," she advanced forward which made me quickly back up away from her, almost knocking a jar off the counter behind me. She crossed her arms and stood there.

"Say something."

"W-Who are you?" I stammered. My feet feeling glued to their place.

"I'm Stella, and I'm assuming you're Michael? At least that's what your mail I found said." This woman's piercing hazel brown eyes and confidence about the situation made for quite an entrancing display.

"I'm guessing I'm right so anyways, now that introductions are over with-"

"I'm gonna call the police!" I blurted, finding my better judgement was going haywire.

"You realize I'm not here to hurt you right?"

Stella. Stella. It was when her name clicked. She was the one who escaped from prison today and people supposedly thought she was naked.

"You broke out of prison today-"

"Nice, right?"

"-and you're in my house-"

"Which isn't hard to believe since your home security sucks ass."

I threw a jar full of candy and it missed her completely. She wasn't fazed by it but it shut her up.

"Would you listen to me?" I yell. "Why are you here?"

"To ask for your help," She replied plainly, arms still crossed.

"Why?"

"I heard you've got connections with the police chief-he would help you if you needed anything-"

"Where did you hear that?"

"Your stalker, Jackson, try to keep up," she patronized. I pursed my lips but let her continue. "Anyways I heard her say you and him got her into prison, maybe you could get me Nathan Stevens' file from him? Right?"

"There's literally nothing you can do to make me help you find this guy-I hope you know-"

"Jesus, would you let me finish?" Stella snarled. She waited for my response and I raised my eyebrow to get her to continue. "I want you to help me find him; I want you to help me throw him in jail."