Epilogue

September 12, 1987

Tokyo, Japan

Stella

Who would have ever thought, Stella Brooks, infamous con woman worked with the CIA?

I certainly didn't think I would be working with the government when I had started out. It's a major change from committing crimes and conning people out their money, when you actually start to earn it. After a few months of upgrading the CIA's security measures to new heights, I was finally a free woman.

Free to walk without glancing over my shoulder, and free to travel as I pleased.

So you can imagine the first thing I did. Bought a ticket to Tokyo, Japan and bought a VIP ticket to see Michael at his first show. I missed him badly-seeing that I didn't even get to say goodbye to him all those months ago.

So here I was, dressed in my best outfit, to see Michael in action on stage. This was his first solo tour after all.

The anxiety and excitement of seeing him set in the moment I arrived at the stadium. Somewhere behind those walls was the man I loved. I hoped he still felt the same way that I did about him. He and Nathan practically saved my life, from what the doctor told me that day ("You're very lucky for those two men out there, had they not brought you when they did, you'd be dead right now").

The arena was packed with people, which was no surprise. I may have known him as just Michael but to the rest of the world he was still a superstar, which I seemed to have forgotten when you spend time with him in a normal setting. Once I sat down in my seat-front row, of course- I noticed Michael's family was here to see him. Katherine, Janet, and her other sister who I never met were sitting a few feet away.

Worry came across my features, what if Katherine still didn't like me? I remembered her disapproval when she found out who I really was all those months ago. Janet had still approved of me even though I was a known criminal and I had no idea what Rebbie thought of me since she was pretty silent about the whole thing.

I tried to make myself less noticeable but Janet saw me and quickly made her way over to me with a smile on her face.

"Stella! How have you been? It's been months since we've seen you!"

At least someone is happy to see me.

It's still strange to me that she doesn't hate me but I decided to be polite and make conversation. The topic never shifted to Michael for which I was thankful but I saw something in Janet's eyes and I knew she was just dying to talk about him.

Thankfully, the lights dimmed and she scurried back to her seat.

My anticipation was high since I knew in a few moments I'd be seeing the only man I could think about for months. The crowd's cheers intensified when Michael and his backup dancers were lit up onstage. He had definitely grown his hair and gotten more muscle since I saw him last. Great.

Of course, I hadn't seen him in months and he still managed to look really fucking good. Had he not been on stage, I'd be ripping the clothes off his body.

The whole concert I kept my eyes on him with admiration and awe, I had never really seen him in action and let me tell you, he was amazing. But him doing very sexual moves didn't help between my legs in a certain area. I did have to cross my legs a few times as I stood and cheered for him. By the time it was over, I couldn't wait to go backstage and congratulate him.

To say I didn't miss him would be an outright lie, and the guilt I felt for promising to always stay with him and then leaving him at the hospital did have a constant place in my mind. I did have a reason for it and I hoped he knew that. I thought back to a few months ago, and what he told me.