the boxing queen

he guys cheer as they crowd around me, baffled that the tall guy actually did win. "how did you know that he would win, lucy?" one guy, derek, asked me after calming down a little. i had introduced myself to them after bumping into derek about half an hour beforehand. "i love boxing. i used to do it all the time." i responded casually, causing their eyes to wander towards me. "do you mean professional boxing or illegal fights?" derek, which i had noticed to be the outgoing one in his group of friends, asked me again. "both." i answered lazily, looking back towards the ring. "our next contestants are two pretty ladies, Night Rose and Tiger. give the two a cheer please!" the presenter yelled out towards the crowd, which cheered on the girls immediately. i laughed to myself quietly. night rose? where did she read that? but even though her name is stupid, she can fight. "who do you think will win?" i asked derek this time, not wanting to spoil the fight again. "night rose usually wins, actually. she's known to be winning the most fights lately. she's taller than average girls and pretty athletic." i hummed in response and nodded. he's right. after "tiger" threw a seemingly weak punch at night rose, the latter blocked and tiger went down already two minutes after that. "come at me girls, anyone up for a fight?!" nighty called out into the crowd, looking threateningly at us. she met my eye and she tried to look intimidating, failing miserably. i stare her down and she points at me. "you!" i roll my eyes and make sure everybody sees when i answer, "yes?" she clamps her lips together in anger. "fight me"
a murmur goes through the audience as she calls that, making me roll my eyes once more. "sure." i accept, "i haven't fought in so long." derek's eyes snap towards me and widen as i walk trough the crowd, separating slightly for me to get through. the silence is sickening until derek yells words of encouragement my way. "you've got this lucy! if you win against Nighty, i'll buy you food." i turn my head faster than i ever have before and yell back "i'll choose everything there is so you better go get money" i respond with an evil glint in my eyes. his smile drops slightly and he looks like he's about to go sulk in a corner. i turn around and walk into the ring, over to rose or whatever her name was. "so rosalie. let's get this thing started, shall we?" she clenches her teeth together. "it's rose. Night Rose." she spits out intimidatingly. "thats what i said, Nighty. now less talking and more fighting." i stretch out my arms above my head and bounce on my toes a few times. she lets out a low growl-like sound, which makes me look at her weirdly. "umm... are you okay, Roxy?" i ask her, holding my hands in front of my body, as if i were shielding myself from a wild animal. she rolls her eyes and corrects me, "Rose", and instantly launches herself at me. gosh she has a bad sense of humor. i think as i dodge her first few punches. as she moves from my face to my stomach, i don't notice the fist flying straight towards me. after a punch right into my guts, she lets out a short laugh of victory after seeing me bend over in pain. i clench my fists because i really can't have a bruise with all the crop tops i wear. and especially since juvia might think i've started fighting again. i can't have that. i stand upright and give her a cold glare. "fine." she scrunches up her eyebrows and starts to say something as i cut her off, "i'll start now." before she can dodge, i run up to her and punch her twice, hard. she weakly avoids getting hit by my next two or three punches, but she can't dodge as i send my fist straight into her stomach. as she still looks dazed from the pain, i back off a few steps and deliver a stron roundhouse kick to her side. she falls over, battered and bruised, and passes out beneath me. i turn around, my bitch face still on, and say to the host of these underground fights, "do i get money now or not?" he gapes at me, making me roll my eyes and reach up to squish his chin between my thumb and forefinger. "go ahead and feel free to answer anytime." i say sarcastically and he snaps out of his daze, responding awkwardly after a few seconds. "oh right, sure. yes you usually get money, but only if you sign up at the beginning of your match." i sign, no money for me then. "ugh that sucks. why didn't anyone tell me? well i don't care, i've got enough" i wann at the man and turn around, "bye" i answer, laughing to myself. i have way too much fun on my own. then i frown because that sounds kinda sad. as i walk up to derek and his friends, i notice a streak of silver-white hair in the crowd. my head snaps towards it, but the owner had already disappeared into the mess of people. "Lucy!! you did great, i didn't know you were that good."