Chapter Three

Regina reached out and gripped Emma's forearms to steady herself. Emma's eyes widened at the sudden touch from the mayor. The brunettes breathing suddenly became rapid.

"Regina-" Emma says as she squeezes the womans arm's back in reasurence. "We'll find him." Regina locked eyes with Emma again and a look of desperation leaks through. Emma had never seen the mayor so, revealing of her emotions before, and the sudden thought she had of wanting to comfort her confused her greatly. With a comforting smile, the blonde backed away and looked by the window for any hints as of who had taken her beloved son. She was about to turn away when she felt a chilly draft fan her hands. Crouching down and examining the window a bit more closely, she noticed that it had not been closed all the way. A strange hunch that the attacker and Henry had exited out of the window slapped her in the back of the head.

"Follow me." Emma mumbled as she quickly left the room, not waiting for a response from the troubled brunette. Once she made it down the stairs and outside into the cold atmosphere, Regina close in pursuit, Emma jogged to the side of the house, where a tall tree leads up towards Henrys window. She turned in circles as she examined the ground for any clues and froze when she saw the knife. Suddenly at a loss for breath, Emma bent down and plucked it up with her gloved hand.

"No." Regina squeals as she dashes up behind Emma, peeking over her shoulder at the weapon in terror. The mayors warm and minty breath brushed against Emma's neck and caused her to shiver. Emma could practically feel Regina's body heat radiating off of her. She examined the knife more closely, thankfully not spotting any sign of blood, however; when she flipped it over and looked at the handle, an engravment that gave away where the kidnapper would have gone was etched into the polished wood. Emma's eyebrows creased together as she read the destination.

"Well we know where they went." she whispered and turned her head slightly to find her face only inches away from the gorgeous face of Regina Mills. Wait, gorgeous? She thought to herself. Where the hell did that come from? Brushing aside the thought and turning around, she sighed and pulled her winter beanie closer to her head. The place they would be going was far away from any help and communication would be weak due to no signal.

"Hop in my car, Madame Mayor." the blonde said through gritted teeth. "We're going camping."