Chapter Nine

Regina

I would hit myself right now. But they might see me do it and label me insane... I think to myself as I glance up at the blonde and brunette walking in a steady pace in front of me. I couldn't believe that I had just kissed Emma Swan and almost said that I loved her.

I had replayed the moment in my head a thousand times in the last few steps alone and I just couldn't wrap my mind around it. Me in love with Henry's birth mother? Good grief. It didn't make sense. I hated Emma Swan, I couldnt stand her! She is infuriatingly annoying and I have no desire to love her or place my lips on hers or hold her close to me when its cold and drink hot cocoa by the hearth... I was snapped out of my thoughts when I saw the amazing woman in front of me staring at me from over her shoulder. Her curious green eyes roamed over my face in worry. I gave her a weak smile and locked eyes with her in return.

She turned back around quickly, only to be knocked in the head by a swooping branch. I pursed my lips and snorted to hold back my laughter. She rubbed her forehead gently and shot me a glare, but her expression eased up shortly. I shook my head from side to side and walked past her, bumping her shoulder with mine along the way. I think I am in love with her, but the conflicting emotions inside of me warned me of pain and sorrow and rejection. How could she love me? I'm a monster.

Snow White, the woman I hate most in this world, walked ahead, not realizing anything that was happening. Oblivious as usual. I couldn't believe that my curse had worked perfectly, or so I thought, until Emma showed up. But in truth, the moment Ms. Swan arrived, my life got a little more interesting.

My thoughts drifted away to Henry, my beloved son. How could I have let this happen? Where could he be?

I wanted to use magic so bad to find him and tell him I was sorry, if he's okay that is, but I can't because a woman spraying purple magic from her hands is probably not what people want to see when they get up to drink their morning coffee. But the more I thought about it, I realized what the more important question was: Who the hell had the nerve to take him in the first place? I hadn't even noticed I was walking on a gravel road until I bumped into Snow, whom had stopped in front of me.

"Watch where you're-" I looked up to find her horrified face. Silently I smirked but deep down inside I realized that I was being extremely rude. "Sorry." I correct myself and walk around her, automatically getting in the passengers seat of Emma's bug, which was right where we had left it. I watched through the window as Emma said something quickly to Mary Margaret and instantly got in next to me. She closed the door and took a deep breath. There was an awkward pause in which I could feel her eyes on me as I looked into the rear view mirror to see the annoying brunette get in her car behind us. I pulled my coat-sctatch that-her coat closer to my body. Her cinnamon smell wafted into my nose but was blown away with every steamy breath I took.

"Regina." I heard the blonde say and I turned my head to meet her gaze. She continued after a moment of our eyes locking. "I-I don't know what we have but..." She laced her fingers with mine and leaned in, placing her warm forehead against mine. I sat completely still, my mouth parted slightly, yearning for the blondes lips to attach to mine. "I really like whatever it is..." I leaned in before she could say another word and locked my lips with hers. I felt our lips move in sync for a few moments- like they were meant to be together, and then she broke away, a little flustered, and turned on the car. I glanced away with a small smile on my face.
As she pulled out onto the gravel path, I reached over and set my hand softly on her upper thigh. I watched as she swallowed nervously and shifted in her seat, eyes glued to the road in front of her. I lean over and place my lips to her ear.

"I like it too." I whisper as my feelings get the best of me, and for a moment, only a moment, I completely forget about my past and who I really am. I guess this blonde deputy can do that to me.