Chapter Five

The next couple of days were a blur. I, mostly just spent my days from eight until four or five at work doing assessments and not once had I seen Mario. Feeling as if hes ignoring me, I didn't bother to text or call since I assumed if he needed me he would call and Stacey had told me he has been spending a lot of time with one of the new secretaries from the ground floor at the main reception. It more annoys me than anything, I assume our little randevu tomorrow night is off.

Noticing its quarter to five I start to make a move, collecting my things and organizing my desk like I do every time, placing my utensils back inside the designated pots when I find a lipstick that is not mine inside one of them. So, I'm not the only woman he's perusing in the office apparently and this mystery woman is using my desk as her own personal dresser.  God, I'm really looking forward to Mr.Silverman coming back. He's a gift from God, hes the most lovely middle aged man, with his salt and pepper hair and his million dollar smile. When I think of love, I think of him and his wife, that's what I want, what they have. 

Slipping my shoes on and grabbing my coat I head for the elevator, so ready for a glass of wine and a bath -- or even better, a glass of wine in the bath. The thought alone had me buzzing with excitement, forgetting all about my desk being used and abused. I plan to bleach the living he*l out of it when I'm back next week, I do have the morning here tomorrow but I won't be spending any time in the office since I'm only here to observe a meeting for about two hours and then I'm finished for the week. Can't wait to be honest with you.

____________________________________

Arriving home and changing my pumps for slippers, I dance into my kitchen and pour myself a glass of wine. 

When I turn around I see a small box in wrapping paper, a present on the counter. It wasn't there this morning, I mean, duh, I live alone. I didn't put it there.

Peering around my kitchen and not noticing a single soul, I look at the piece of card attached to the top of the ribbon.

'Sorry again about the other day, we will catch up soon. There's just a lot going on.                                    - Nicholas'

How did he even get in? Oh, sh*t. I haven't had the locks changed in four year, which probably explains that. I should probably get that done right away, pulling my phone out I call up a company with relatively good reviews and arrange changing the locks on all my doors.

After the call ends, I go around and double check he isn't still here, you never know, before I put my keys in every door and the latch on the front, back and side door before picking up the present, placing it on my bed and residing to my en suite to have that relaxing bubble bath with my music on, candles and wine.

This bathroom is pretty big, bigger than the regular bathroom but that's because of how I wanted things. Nick was the most faultless husband up until the week before the argument, that whole week was horrible and I don't feel as if I'll ever understand why. He used to come home with flowers, remembered our anniversary and always overdone it on occasions to make it all the more special for me. I honestly couldn't fault him.

The bathroom consists of a rather large Jacuzzi bath, his and hers sink, a toilet, a dresser where I dry my hair, moisturize etceterca, storage on the walls like towel racks and balcony doors in the far corner. The bedroom, en suite and dressing room all have double doors that lead to a balcony. 

Starting the bath and adding the bubbles I go to the balcony door, having a cigarette whilst I wait for it to fill up. I sit on the garden chair I placed out here for the odd occasion I come out.

My phone rings, causing me to jump. F*ck.

Nicholas' name flashes on my screen, speak of the Devil and he may appear. I slide the screen across, answering the call pretty quick.