━━ five

EVELYN SAT ON THE FLOOR OF SHURI'S lab crying over T'Challa

EVELYN SAT ON THE FLOOR OF SHURI'S lab crying over T'Challa. How could this have happened? He promised her he would come back. Her heart broke into a million pieces and she didn't know how to accept this. She knew it was to good to be true. A lovely man who Evelyn felt it was true love at first sight. She had forgotten what it was like to lose someone so close to her heart. Though watching Erik throw T'Challa off the cliff brought all the memories back.

As it was starting to get dark, the doors of the lab was burst open. "Evelyn?" Shuri asked as she could hear the sadness it her voice. "I'm down here," she croaked out as she saw Shuri come down the steps and run up to her. Evelyn stood up and embraced Shuri into a tight hug. "Come on sweetie, we have to go." Evelyn nodded as Shuri grabbed her hand and walked out with Shuri. They headed out into the forrest, where they saw Queen Mother. "Awe, sweetheart." Evelyn ran up to Queen Ramonda and embraced her. She began to sob into her neck.

Ramonda ran her fingers through her hair as she kissed her head trying to calm her down. "I'm so sorry, Queen Ramonda for your loss." They pulled away as she wiped her tears away. "Honey, we both lost someone who we loved. It is okay." They sat and cried as they waited for Nakia who hopefully would bring her father. Shuri, Evelyn, and Ramonda huddled together in the cold. "First Baba. And now my brother. Mama, we didn't even get to bury him." Evelyn felt the tears go down her face as she couldn't really understand the pain.

She had only know him for a short amount of time compared to his family. There was rustling in the back as Evelyn turned Ramond and Shuri invisible as energy came around her hands and turned to face who it was. "It's me," Nakia whispered as Evelyn embraced her. "Nakia. Who is this man?" Evelyn pulled away as she jumped her father. "It's my dad, your highness."

"He's also a friend of T'Challa's. He saved my life." The Queen let her guard go down as Evelyn pulled away. "Where is Okoye?" Nakia sighed softly, "Okoye is not coming. She and the Dora Milaje will serve the new king." Evelyn and her dad leaned their foreheads against each other as they sighed softly. "Sweetheart, I'm so sorry." Evelyn sniffled and wiped her tears. "It's okay dad, he wouldn't want me to cry over him. He'd want me to be strong."

Everett smiled at how strong his daughter was. He cupped her face and kissed her nose softly. "Wait here," Nakia said as Evelyn followed after her. "Nakia, wait!" She caught up with her and hugged her softly. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to get the heart-shaped herb. Hopefully M'Baku will take it and help us defeat the new king." Evelyn smiled sadly as she cupped her new friends face. "Let me go get it, you know I can turn invisible, right?" They laughed softly together as they went off to go retrieve it. They finally found the secret passage as they jumped through it. Nakia turned on her flashlight as they continued climbing through the hole which lead them to where the herbs were.