❝Two❞

My grammar sucks omg.

"Is it necessary for me to be here, sir? I-I feel like an outcast..." I fondled my arm slightly and lowered my head. I don't fit in with anybody but the captains. True, I refuse to unite with the other magic knights, but that doesn't mean I'm not friends with the captains.

In fact, I'm friends with all of them. Even Fuegoleon who is currently under coma. He and Nozel were my childhood friends.

"Why hello there, Lady Olivier. Are you enjoying the food?" Charlotte, the captain of the Blue Rose Squad --- approached. Captain Charlotte Roselei is a noblewoman of House Roselei and is powerful as well. I have met her countless times during awarding ceremonies. Regardless, not even once have I teamed up with her in missions.

"I am, Captain Charlotte. Are you? Oh, and it seems like Sol isn't with you? Where is she?" I then searched for Sol, a member of the Blue Rose squad who is always seen by her captain's side.

"Oh, apparently, Sol wasn't able to meet the ranks of a Royal Knight so she stayed in HQ to rest." Hm, I see.

I nodded in response. With that, Captain Roselei bid good bye by merely raising her hand as a signal.

"See? You fit in just fine, Olivier. All the squad captains are fond of you and your magic. You can even beat them all at once."

That's because goddess magic is strong enough to withstand billions of soldiers. The Wizard King's judgment is not wrong at all. I can vanquish all the squad captains, including the former ones, in a blink of an eye without delay. Even without going all-out.

I do not boast, but I say facts.

"I hope these royal knights will pull through. The Eye of the Midnight Sun must be annihilated at all costs. I will utilize all my trump cards for that to happen." He wore a serious face. I could see determination on his face right now.

"They will, sir." I smiled softly and faced the entirety of the banquet.

"Try to speak with the other magic knights, Olivier. You need to loosen up a bit more, you need friends to lean on." Sir Julius smirked and patted my shoulder. I am already 27 years old and still looking as young as ever. Why would I converse with youngsters? Ugh. Fine.

"Very well, sir." I gasped and shook my head in infuriation. What a drag.

I left the Wizard King alone and loomed to where the youngest magic knights were. I presume these mages are from the Black Bulls, Golden Dawn and Crimson Lions as they wear three identical but various robes.

"So, Asta was it? You have one heck of---" A woman around her 30s, which I presumably assume is Mereoleona, stopped her sentence as she looks at me. "Goodness, my manners... Good morning, Olivier. What brings you here?"

I giggled gently whilst cracking a smile at Mereoleona. She's really as tall as ever. "Good morning also, Mereoleona. The Wizard King felt the need to invite me to the banquet, so I was unable to decline."

She beamed at me amidst tapping my shoulder continually. "Anyway, these are one of the youngest magic knights which I have recently recognized. Introduce yourselves."

They all are at a loss for words. What? What's their deal? "No, no. No need to bother, I am already acquainted of these young ones. In which case, I am Olivier Reverie Nightingale." Yuno, Asta, Mimosa and Noel stiffened and stared at me with high regards. The King had chosen very skilled magic knights, despite his inferiority to the Wizard King. Haha.

"Olivier here is a Grand Magic Knight and is an individual working mage. She was personally handpicked by King Augustus Kira Clover and the Wizard King themselves as she is unequivocally a talented magic knight of her own. Likewise, she is a royal of House Nightingale." Mereoleona elucidates with a large grin plastered on her face. She wants me to do a favor, I am sure about that. "Say, Olivier, do you want to accommodate me and the other royal knights in training? We could use your tactical skills and magic prowess in this endeavor. Above all, you're way stronger than me, and I could use the succor of a superior."

Called it. "I promote self-sufficiency. On the other hand, I will keep that in mind. Thank you."

"Great! Pack your things, let's get a move on to prepare your roooom~"

Merciful neptune! "I didn't say yes yet..." I mumbled, enough for the vermillion haired woman to not hear. She was grabbing me, along with the other royal knights, outside the banquet room.

I figured that the Wizard King had planned this all along. I always carried the belief of teaming up with others will just serve as a major burden to both you and them. But look at me now, I'm being dragged by a 32-year old captain along with four magic knights around the age of 15. Likewise, other royal knights. Woohoo, this is one bumpy ride.

I stood in front of a group of mages with overflowing wells of mana. But that Asta boy... his charisma is dominating and it's rather bizarre.

...I could sense the mystique of a demon from him...

Those swords.

The demon dweller sword and the demon slayer sword.

I mean, really, who cares? This child has a great future ahead of him. Period. No criticism intended.

"I dare say that everyone is conscious of who Lady Olivier is, no? So I can jump to the point without explication because I'm lazy." Jeez, this woman... Agh. "She will play a very crucial role in our venture to subdue the Eye of the Midnight Sun once and for all. A fact is, she's the strongest magic knight in history. She can even trascend the Wizard King without a hitch."

I rolled my eyes at Mereoleona's compliments. Sheesh, so cringy. Anyhow, the royal knights remain silent and attentive. I see that my words from before are striking me now. You're so hasty, Reverie.

"Rebuild your stamina and get extra ready for tomorrow. We will train more to assess the limits of your magic and strength. Now, go back to your respective areas." She's really getting a hang of this. I am proud! "As for you, Olivier, you will be staying in a suite where my brother, Fuegoleon, used to stay in. Don't worry, it's undoubtedly flawless!"

"I guess I'll have to deal with dependence after all. You will ride out eventually, Olivier. Do this for the glory of your kingdom. No matter how much you hate depending on others."