❝Eleven❞

Olivier

❮𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝❯

My eyes depicted a slight tint of ire within, my breath struggled to cope up and it felt as if the airspace was getting more attenuated than ever.

This place is a complete disaster...

I paced up and traipsed around the capital, which once had an exquisite image, now in ruins. The citizens residing here had their orbs enrapture perturbation, maybe it was due to those rays of light rematerializing above the sky. I can vaguely reckon those beams almost hitting my revered abode, gosh, if it did, it might be a devastating blow!

Swaying my ocean-like dress, I stared at the devastation, mulling if Licht had caused this debacle to befall. What a monster.

Yet, come to think of it, I was a monster myself. I'm not quite sure if I still am, but once I use that... I will indisputably turn into a monster once again, probably much worst.

"I cannot sense the civility of a human within you." An innominate voice, which I presume is a woman's, stated from behind. And no mere human can foreknow the presence of a non-human by solely sticking her nose off my scent. Other than those who can ascertain Ki, Gods and only elves, or more non-human beings, can fathom the aura of which poses as a threat or can identify the semblance of those who are unusually beyond the likes of a human. Yes, she is an elf. "Perhaps...you're also not just a simple god..." She trailed off. She has high-perceptive dexterities and excessively enhanced senses. It would be troublesome to battle this one. Tsk. "Reverie."

The minute my echt name rolled out of this anonymous woman's tongue, fury burned up the entirety of my body, so did my gut. This fucking bitch just irks me for who knows what reason, the fact that she knows my true name just builds up towers of clamors that have been constructed within my field of thinking.

The vibe that she's giving off doesn't trigger supremacy, not even fear-actuating. But this voice irritates me so much that it comes to a point which I'll be in the verge of carving her head out off its body.

I turned around, sprinted onto the anonymous, grabbing her face with my right hand and gyrating her body over, which caused her face to be greeted by the ground. All transpired so swiftly, you couldn't take an ample picture without slowing things.

I then seized hold on the anonymous chick's arm, with marmalade locks, fastening it behind her back. "Who are you?" I queried with pure oddity and chagrin. I had given an extra turn on my grip on her arm, as she still refuses to state her name and intentions.

Such a galling asshat. "So how does it benefit you, Goddess of the Universe?" God! That chuckle at the end made my displeasure grow tenfold! I can literally end this elf's life, the idea of torturing her ceaselessly just hinders the thought.

"Do you value your life?" I nonchalantly questioned, now stepping my right foot above her buttocks, which is her waist, leaning slightly.

She laughed faintly. "More than anything." I don't understand, literally, if she knew what I was capable of, why bother provoking me to no end!?

I released my grip on the marmalade-haired, moving away moderately from her form. At that, she raised both hands, leveling the acme of her chin. "My name is Danarice Elliot, it's an honor to unearth the strongest Goddess ever known, indeed." She paused for a second, and what she said next just pushed my button. "And it's just gratifying of a thought that I, the great Danarice Elliot of the Elf Tribe, will do the honors of finally beating you." That damned smirk. Curse her to death.

The female elf, which was named Danarice, sprinted forward and tried to land a hit on me using her magic, which allows her to implant an augmenting source of ice, which would spread all throughout, depending on the user's discretion. It was already discernible, her timing when she wanted to smother the ground with walls of ice, it first started as a mere slab, then it leisurely expanded like clockwork.

However, the moment she began doing her pompous magic demonstration, all I did was circumventing these petty onslaughts from slitting, not even a trace, of my flesh.  As much as I want to tear her body from limb to limb, scrutiny comes first.

Danarice's attacks are too shallow, very much inaccurate, but precise. So this is how weak elves are when at the onset of their so called awakening.

A shame.

As she ceased from relentlessly throwing her unachievable attacks, I kept myself from arm's length, with such inordate distance between the both of us. Too much for that dodging and hitting.

A tick mark appeared on my forehead, as I utilized the grimoire I once used in earlier times. Now again in my possession. A grimoire with the gradient of the colors: olympic blue, ballet slipper pink, and rich mauve violet. Ah, the aesthetics! Indeed, it materializes the universe!

Casting a spell, my eyes glistened which was engulfed by the gradient colors that are in congruity to my grimoire. I flicked my tongue, which emitted a 'tch' sound. I eyed at her observantly, as her mouth was quivering, as her body tremors tremendously. I chanted out aloud, "Heavenly Body Magic: Supernova Remnant!" The whole place was obliterated, I somehow reduced the force of the spell in that way Danarice wouldn't die.

I am not like before anymore. I no longer want to kill.

Her body was swamped with countless bruises and a few cuts, I somehow feel bad.

Preposterous! I shrugged away the thought as I also shook my head in disapproval. Reverie, you should never show any tinge of clemency towards the enemy, do not let yourself fragment those walls you've made reinforcing your heart. Don't go soft now.

I was about to leave the wretched place at once, but she spouted out words which made me stop on my tracks.

"W-why did you not k-kill me...R-Reverie...?" Danarice asks in between her heaves, trying her very best to move, yet it was futile.

I looked at her, sparing a glimpse, "No one's life is useless."

I marched away, vacating her in that grief-stricken state. You dumbass, Reverie. If your older brothers hear about this, you're not going to chance upon the fluorescing sun ever again.

Notwithstanding that fact, my heart boomed in happiness. It felt as If I managed to somehow diminish the amount of hatred and tension I've been carrying ever since.

No one is going to die any more longer, not on my watch, at least.