❝Twelve❞

Olivier

「Chapter 12, 12/10/2019」

The excruciating smell of smoke crossed my nose as I felt rather sour. My head snapped to a certain area, reeds of flames over the entire building bestowing my eyes with the sight. But...but isn't that the Crimson Lion Kings' base?

Without a second thought, I ran to the said area. If Fuegoleon gets caught in that hell fire, I don't know what to do!

I almost slipped after reaching the entrance. There were bruised senior magic knights everywhere, and the flames were apocalyptically stingy. It was suffocating, but it blazed into the moonlight like a salamander!

I wandered my scarlet orbs to observe the situation. And there lies, with my eyes widening, Fuegoleon Vermillion --- alive ang kicking. Flames on his lacerated arm, and he wore that usual face plastered with conviction.

He had the fire spirit, Salamander, waking him up from that seemingly endless slumber. I should thank the thing, haha.

I ran to Fuegoleon, his eyes softened at my presence. He looked tired. Rusty, even. I wasn't thinking straight, I hugged the man tightly, holding his neck into my arms. Oh dear, this would be some issue after all this catastrophe.

"Welcome back, Leon." I whispered into his ear. His breaths kindling out of his lips softly. And as embarrassment shot through my senses, I once again divided the contact and chuckled at him like a lost child.

"Oli...vier." His breathing hitched, almost as if he couldn't believe it. I should be the one bewildered here! After days, days turning to months, he finally came back. I believed he will. He smiled restfully, contented that I'm probably one of the very first to greet him as he wakes up. "Yes, I'm back."

Much to my surprise, the vermilion haired wrapped his arms around my waist. Tightening his grip, the sensation never wanting to let me go. Both of our bodies heated, hoping to ignite the smoldering passion of welcoming his presence back.

It doesn't feel bad at all.

「♚」

"A lot has happened ever since your absence, Leon." I started the conversation. I need to settle things here and rush to the Eye of the Midnight's Sun's base in immediate time, as fast as possible. Or else... "And that "a lot"? Wasn't good."

Or else death tolls would proliferate.

Fuegoleon remained quiet for a good minute. He, perhaps, contemplated his next words very well --- thoroughly. "How was Leopold doing?" The man questioned of his younger brother, I chuckled. He does really care for Leo.

"He's doing good. Mereoleona taught him a few tricks and schemes. Well, a lot, probably." I smiled to myself. Leona's an iron lady. She'll pull through.

Oh no, the Eye of the Midnight Sun!

"Leon, I'm telling you this..." I trailed off. This is not the right time to cut off your words, Olivier Reverie! You need to help them, pronto! "I need to go now. I must find the Eye of the Midnight Sun's base, straight away. The royal knights need an assist. And you're not coming with me."

He doesn't need to come. He just healed, I'm scared that it'll go worse. Healing is utmost. And plus, he has a squad to tend to.