Chapter 4

Chapter 4

        Kaiyah and Ailurah entered Becky's room after consulting with each other about the idea that they were presented with. And Becky was there to greet them. "Your elated expressions have answered me already." She said.

"Oh really?"

"What made you make up your mind?"

"If Ephraim is willing to take a chance, then so am I."

Becky turned her chin up and hummed. "Well then, shall we go?"

"Why not? But, won't the Republic be watching us?"

"They might." She raised a hand. "Or they might not." Then Becky's fingers sparked. Understanding her point, Kaiyah grinned and nodded.

Kaiyah, Ailurah, and Becky managed to sneak to the speeders, while leaving an inconspicuous trail of hover-camera droids behind them.

"That was easy." Kaiyah said.

"Where were the Jedi? I didn't see any." Ailurah added.

"I'm sure they were around." Becky said playfully as she powered up their speeder.

As the speeder flew off, Becky was asked, "Wait. Where exactly are we going?"

"Ephraim always has a log of his visits; he leaves a copy behind for us to see just in case, uh, anything. . . weird happens."

"Where is it? Is it in a chip?" Kaiyah asked.

"No. I was able to download it and with the help of my powers, I have just uploaded it into the speeder." Becky said, pressing buttons and pulling up the list.

"Well, it's, short." Ailurah said. There were only ten locations on the list.

"These are places visited by our Ephraim. One of these locations helms the answers we seek." Becky said.

"How do you know it was our Ephraim?" Ailurah asked.

"He began keeping a log of his visits since his days of training." Becky replied.

"He's only been ten places in all that time? I strangely find that hard to believe." Ailurah pointed out.

"Ephraim has had two bases: Kashyyyk and Tatooine. He had one log of visits for each base. The-"

"Woah, there are two logs?" Ailurah asked.

"The two logs were compiled." Kaiyah said.

"Still. Only ten?"

"Despite Ephraim's skill set, he hadn't been able to go many places. Even when he joined the Republic, as you can see."

"So where are we going?"

        Jo meditated and asked the force where it would like him to go; the force seemed clear as it gave him an answer. Jo stood and went through one of the cave walls of which he knew Exar or Aang didn't go through.

        Jo walked through that path for a little while, and things became dark. He ignited his lightwhips; but then, the mixed force energy was making his crystals go haywire. His whips were turning on and off, so he simply unignited them and used the force -hoping it would be on his side- to guide his movements.

Once he was a good distance into the cave, he started thinking. He thought of how he had been treated by his teammates.

        'Why?' He thought. 'Why do they do this? Throughout the years I've been with them, they don't involve me with most of their activities; I feel left out. Throughout the years, I've done my best to help and support them, but I get no reciprocation; our friendship feels one-sided to me.'