Chapter 8

"You summoned me, my friend?" The voice spoke to the invisible man.

'Oh my! It's him!' Erickson's subconsciousness thought.

"It's been a while, yes. We are in need of your assistance. Three Jedi are trapped in the cave of secrets, and their masters need to find their way to the planet to rescue them."

"Ah yes, the Besalisk, the Zabrak, and the poor cyborg. If I recall, they followed the first comer shortly afterward." The voice said.

"The sith. We're aware. We can let him be lost in there. We just need the location of our team." Rye spoke.

"You know the sith will be trapped there, but if your team escapes, the sith will escape as well."

"What do you suggest we do?" Ephraim asked.

"Wait for the right time. Then I will tell you, then you will make your move."

"Might I ask how you knew our team?" Erickson asked.

"To put it plain and simply, I'm there too. But I'm not."

"Force-spirit thing." Ephraim muttered.

"What are you doing there?" Rye asked.

"It's a very long story. The Besalisk will explain when you unite."

"How is the team?" Rye asked.

Exar was launched across the dark abyss; Mirtis grabbed his own fist and rubbed it.

"I had no idea we were this durable." Mirtis said.

"What *gasp* do you want?" Exar asked desperately.

"We want you to embrace us. I'm who you are. You were born to be me. I'm here for a reason. Without me, you're nothing."

"Well you know *gasp* what they say. *gasp* If I'm nothing without you, *gasp* then I shouldn't have you."

Mirtis grabbed his head and yelled. He floated over to Exar and punched him again. "You will embrace us."

He grabbed Exar's head. "I'll do this the hard way then." Mirtis's skin darkened until he was black. The black inched its way onto Exar, and his eyes misted up. Whatever of Mirtis that appeared on Exar, it was removed from Mirtis's spirit. Soon, Exar was covered.

Mirtis was what remained.

Exar found himself surrounded by yet another black abyss. This time, only Mirtis's voice was heard.

"You are nothing."

Exar could neither move nor speak.

"You're nothing to everyone."

Exar couldn't stop the tear.

"Not to your masters."

He struggled to move.

"Not to your friends."

He was making a sound, but couldn't move his mouth.

"Not even to your parents, who cast you out to live in hell."

Exar closed his eyes.

The darkness consumed him.

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

In the midst of the darkness-

A speck of light.

The light grew.

"What are you doing?"