Chapter 118: Ready To Let Go

When Adriana landed she pulled out her phone to text Klay and saw she had a series of text messages and missed calls. Ignoring them all she went to Klay's name and let him know she'd landed safely. A few minutes later her phone rang and his name popped up.

"Hello?"

"Hey, I'm glad you made it safely. Are you still at the airport?" Klay asked her.

"Yeah. I'm still on the plane, we literally just landed." She told him.

"So you haven't been online?"

"No, why?"

"Well, we kind of made every gossip blog there is last night and this morning."

Adriana closed her eyes briefly imagining all the headlines that might be up. "What's the worst headline?"

"Well they seem to think we spent the night together, which you and I both know didn't happen." Klay told her.

"Right. But we were together last night and you did come for me early this morning so I guess I can see why that would be a headline." Adriana said.

"They.... they have pictures of us kissing too."

She sat quietly for a moment and then asked "Are you okay with this?"

"Okay with what? Being seen spending time with a beautiful woman like you?"

She smiled. "Aren't you as charming as ever?" A small giggle followed. "Well, honestly, I don't even care. Let them say what they want. We are both grown and have no one we need to answer to. It is what it is. I had a good time and I don't regret any of it."

"Really? Not even the kiss?" Klay asked.

"Of course not. It was exactly what I wanted."

"Me too." Klay said and she could tell he was smiling. "If you don't have a hat or some sunglasses you may want to purchase some at the closet gift shop you pass in LAX because the paparazzi is probably going to be looking for you to ask you about us. That's why I called, to give you a heads up. We both know they can be a handful."

She sighed. "Yeah, you're probably right. Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate it." She was careful not to say his name while she was on a plane full of people. Not that anyone would know it was him but better to be safe than sorry. "So, if I do run into them, what should I tell them?"

"That's up to you. This is all in your hands. I told you I wasn't trying to push anything on you and I meant that. It's you're call."

Her smiled widened. Klay was saying all the right things and keeping a smile on her face. "Thank you. You're pretty amazing you know that?"

"Maybe, but it sounds better coming from you." He chuckled. "You really are trouble Adriana Hernandez. I better let you go before I put my foot in my mouth. Let me know when you're home."

Adriana giggled. "Will do. Thanks again for the heads up."

They both hung up and she stared at her phone for a moment. Now she knew why she had so many missed calls and so many messages. Tori was surely going to bite her head off for not telling her about Klay. She went to her missed call log. Six of them where from Tori, one from her mom, one from each of her sisters, one from Jay, and one from Drake. She let out a sigh when she saw Drake's name in the middle of her missed call log. Opening her text messages she knew at least one of them would be from him. To her surprised Tori had only sent one of those messages.

Victoria Gomez-Beezer:
BITCH OMG!! SINCE WHEN ARE YOU AND KLAY THOMPSON A THING?! HOW DIDN'T I KNOW ABOUT THIS? CALL ME BITCH!

She closed that message without responding. She definitely wasn't about to go into that with Tori right now. She saw Drake's name but she didn't open it. She scrolled through her other messages opening most of them just to clear her notifications. She would answer the necessary ones later. She looked up and it was almost time for her row to get off the plane. She bit her bottom lip and clicked on Drake's message.