Chapter 121: Sure Thing

"You good dawg?" Chubbs asked Drake when he noticed what Drake was looking at. Chubbs hadn't wanted to come out tonight but Drake had told him what went down and he knew his brother needed a guys night out. Being a married man and a father now, he made sure he was on his best behavior. He was talking to the girls present but only to be polite. He was in no way trying to get into any kind of trouble. His only reason for being there was Drake.

"I'm good." He took a sip of the dark liquid in his glass and got up.

"Dawg, what are you doing? Don't go doing anything stupid." Chubbs said. He was still the only one that had realized what was going on.

"I'm not. I was just going to the men's room."

Chubbs gave him a look like he didn't believe him. "Alright. Let's go. You know you can't be walking around her alone and shit."

Drake rolled his eyes. "Yeah, but somehow I feel like right now you're just babysitting me. I told you I'm cool. I'm gonna chill."

"Yeah, alright." They started walking towards the men's room and Chubbs patted Drake on the back. "I'm sorry things didn't work out dawg. You gotta enjoy yourself though. You brought these shorties in here and you've been blowing them off all night."

Drake shook his head. "I thought it would be good for me, I thought it was what I needed. But those girls out there aren't even keeping my attention at all Chubbs. Don't get me wrong, they're beautiful, but I'm just not feeling it."

"I get it Aubs. We should just leave then."

Drake shook his head. "No, we're staying."

————————————

After a few more songs Klay and Adriana went back to their booth and ordered a couple more drinks. Adriana was feeling good and having a blast. It had been a minute since she'd gone out dancing. She hadn't even really seen much of Chris lately and she felt bad about that. If she wasn't working she was doing mom things. She barley had any time to herself. Which she didn't mind at all, but this was a nice little change.

"Hey Klay?"

"Yeah?" Klay asked taking her hand in his.

"Thanks for bringing me out tonight. I'm having a really good time. It's been a while since I've had a night out. I needed this."

Klay smiled at her and brought her hand up to his lips to kiss it. "Thanks for agreeing to come out with me. I needed this too."

Adriana smiled and leaned into him. "What was it that you kept calling me when we hung out the last time?"

Klay grinned. He didn't even have to think about it, he knew exactly what she was talking about. "Trouble. I said you were trouble and I was right." He brought his right hand up to cup her cheek. "What is it about you?"

Adriana looked up at him showcasing her dimples. "I don't know. What is it about me?"

Klay shook his head slightly. "I don't know. I just know you're trouble. No ones ever captured my attention like you. Especially not this fast. You're something special Adriana."

Adriana lifted her right hand up and placed it on the back of his neck, gently pulling him closer to her and kissed him. Klay kissed her back and pulled her closer to him. When they pulled apart Klay laughed and shook his head.

"What? You can't say something like that and look at me the way you were and not expect me to kiss you Klay."

"Trust me, I'm not complaining. I'd happily keep kissing you."