Chapter 128: Paradise

After cleaning the kitchen with Sandi's help Adriana went upstairs to find Drake with only a towel wrapped around his waist. "You showered." It was a statement, not a question. Her eyes traveled down the length of him. It had been a while since she had seen him shirtless, even longer wrapped in a towel fresh out of the shower. Several bruises covered his torso. They were fading but they were there. He'd been working out more. There was more muscle on him. It was evident with clothes on but now seeing him in just a towel she could see just how much he'd bulked up.

"It was a little tricky but I managed." Drake told her when she finally made eye contact again.

Stepping forward Adriana cupped his face with her hands. "You should have waited for me. I could have helped you."

Drake shook his head. "I'm going to be like this for a while. I don't want to be depending on people to do simple things like shower. I appreciate you wanting to help though Dri."

Nodding in understanding her eyes dropped back down to the bruises on his torso and she removed her hands from his face. "How bad do they hurt?"

Glancing down at his torso then looking at her he planted a kiss in her forehead. "I'm fine Dri, really."

"Okay Aubrey. Do you mind if I take a shower?"

"Of course not. You should know by now to make yourself at home." Drake told her.

Adriana nodded. "Yeah. It's just....it's still fresh. I don't want to overstep."

Drake brought his hand to her chin and gently tilted her head up to look at him. "You're not overstepping. Take a shower and when you get out we'll talk."

Another nod from Adriana. Drake smiled at her and placed another kiss on her forehead. "Relax baby girl, breath."

She hadn't even realized she was holding her breath. Why hearing Drake say they would talk when she got out of the shower made her so nervous she wasn't sure. She slowly released the breath she was holding and carefully gave him a hug. No words were said. He just wrapped his arm around her and held her until she pulled away. "I'll be quick." She said. Then she grabbed the overnight bag she'd packed and went into the bathroom.

She had probably been in the shower for about five minutes when there was a knock on his bedroom door. Drake walked over to open it and Sandi was on the other side. "My goodness Aubrey, those bruises."

"‪I'm fine Mom. They don't hurt. Is everything okay?"

Sandi nodded. "I was just bringing Adriana her phone. She forgot it in the kitchen." She handed Drake an iPhone with a red case.

"Thanks Mom. She's in the shower now, I'll make sure she gets it."

Sandi reached up and caressed his face. "Get some rest Aubrey."

"I will Mom." He dipped his head down to kiss her cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too Aubrey."

After closing the door he looked down at the phone in his hand then walked over to the nightstand and set it down. Just as he did her phone chimed and a new notification popped up. Klay Thompson's name caught his eye when he glanced down and he couldn't help himself. Curiosity got the best of him so he clicked on the notification and read the message.

Klay Thompson:
You have nothing to apologize for. Just let me know when you're free. I will make time for you. Stay safe. I'll talk to you soon.

He could feel his face heating up and his heart started beating a little faster. He was about to read some more of the thread between them when he heard the knob from the bathroom door. He quickly set the phone back down. Adriana poked her head out and looked around until she found him. "Is someone eles in here? I thought I heard someone else talking."