Chapter 5: Less Uptight

Been listening to this on repeat for 3 hours....I don't even have a problem, I see this as an achievement fuckers!

Leo's POV

After Will told me I was allowed to leave, I made my way back to Bunker 9 sluggishly. I was very tired, and very ready to go back to sleep. My legs were slowly walking me to the door, and I opened it, closing the large stone doors behind me. 

When the doors clicked shut, I looked around. My eyes got caught in the broken frame on the ground near the doors. 

Then my chest suddenly felt heavy, and a wave of grief washed over me. I continued to slowly trudge my way or to my bed, my eyes half-lidded. 

I missed it.

The bliss and happiness she gave me. It was pure and true. So, what went wrong? My body felt weighted and my legs were sluggish, and I had no idea on how to release my emotions. I had no idea how to safely let them go. How could I? I had no idea. 

So I just pushed all of those times I was happy, all those lies back. I pushed all those times Calypso smiled at me, or told me that she owed me for everything, and that I was so much better then any other hero that had come to her. 

I got rid of them all, but condensing them, and pressing back against them. When I felt done and drained, I saw the time; 2:45am. Sighing, I closed my eyes, and rubbed between my temples. My legs walked me over to my bed, and I flopped down on it. Wanting sleep more then anything. 

Closing my eyes, I slipped into a dark abyss of no dreams, and no time.

======Time Skip brought to you by The Cinnamon roll of Fire====

Bam! BAm! BAM!

"...EO! Leo!" Jolting awake, I looked around. My mind was trying to focus on what was happening. Another loud knock hit me into my senses. Getting up, my mind was still foggy from sleep, or more appropriately, lack of sleep.

Opening the big doors to Bunker 9. I saw none other then Will Solace. While rubbing my eyes, I also caught sight of a familiar young face. It was the kid from last night. He was standing there, peering up at me, a new nervousness shining in his eyes. Will explined.

"Last night, when you two got here. Chiron spoke with little Jack here, you were right, he's a son of Apollo, which makes him my younger brother. Anyways. He's uh, kinda been asking for you. All morning, and most of last night until he fell asleep. Jack refused to, do, anything, until one of us brought him to you." I nodded slowly, trying to comprehend what's happening. Will continued on a little slower.

"Anyways, his name is Jack Chanley, he's 13, and he's the son of Apollo. I was wondering if he could spend the morning with you until we can figure out what to do with him...?" Will trailed off, he was kinda doing that thing that people do when they're asking you a question you can't say 'no' to. Smart, because it's working.

"Y-Yeah, I guess- wait! 13?!" Will nodded in confusion.

"Yeah, why?" I shook my head, and looked away, this kid totally looked like he was 11 or something. He's short! Yes! Will waved a hand in front of my eyes and I shook my head, clearing it. 

"Nothing. Yeah, I'll take Jack. When are you gonna come get him?" I asked. Not because I didn't like younger kids, it was because I just wanted to know what the plan was. I wanted to know how this was gonna go to be prepared for it. Will thought a minute.

"Lunchtime maybe. Anyways, I'll be heading out. See ya Leo. He's all yours, take him wherever around camp." And with a wave Will left. Jack stood there, shifting on his feet awkwardly.

"Sorry, if that sounds weird. I just don't exactly trust anyone here. You were kinda the first one like me I've met and you saved my life. So I wanted to thank you. But I don't know how exactly it works, and I'm working on that I just only trust you right now." He said all of that in one breath, taking a deep one afterwards, looking down. I-I feel kinda, touched, actually, I thought to myself as I smiled at the kid.

"No worries! I'm weird too. Trust me, everyone here is weird or unusual. I'm just one of the bigger ones!" I laughed. Jack gave a small laugh and nodded, "This right here is called Bunker 9. You can come in if you want, but it's uh, very messy. I don't usually have visitors. So, sorry." Jack nodded, and stepped inside, following after me as I made my way to Festus' area. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jack staring at all of my finished and unfinished inventions in the Bunker.

"W-Wow, do you live in here?" He asked in awe. I laughed, shaking my head.

"Nope! Well, all my siblings in the Hephaestus Cabin might disagree, but I do spend hours upon hours here." Jack nodded, looking around once more. I hesitantly stepped to a side door, which will lead to a huge opening in the cave. Festus hangs around there a lot. 

Opening the huge door. I walked down the massive hallway, Jack stepping behind me in two. "Where are we going?" He asked tentatively. I smiled.

"Oh, I have this huge mechanical dragon, he probably wants to be let out." Jack stared at me for a second, and once he realized I wasn't joking, he walked faster to catch up to me, anticipation flickering in his eyes. I laughed again, and calmed down when I heard the movements of something big, a huge metal dragon perhaps?

Jack gasped when he saw Festus, who looked at me with a quizzical expression. I just nodded and patted his snout. "It's okay buddy! This is Jack! He's a friend." Festus turned to the boy and tapped his nose to Jack's chest, and puffing out a could of steam before rubbing against him.

Jack laughed and I smiled. Festus loved everyone. 

====Time Skip because have no idea on what I would've done next=====

After spending a couple hours showing Jack my new ideas and him asking about things I could teach him on fixing, things like a car and a generator, a loud knock was at the door.

Jack jumped in surprise, thus causing the little robot I was teaching him how to build, break a little. The 13 year old scowled at the broken figurine, but I smiled and tapped his arm. "Hey, it's okay, we can fix it later, remember, I'm the super useful Repair Boy. Now, I'll bet that's Will." Jack nodded, and got up off the stool, but hesitated before grabbing the almost finished robot, because we needed to fix that one part.

"Can I show Will?" I shrugged and nodded.

"That's your build my dude, show whoever you want." The son of Apollo grinned and followed me to the door, as I flicked my hand, setting it to fire, thus opening the door. Jack went in awe, and told me how cool it was that I could do that as the door opened.

A dumbfounded Will Solace stood there as Jack showed him the robot he'd almost finished building. Then, the blonde looked up at me, smiling as Jack skipped around, in his own little world. "Thanks Leo, he seems less uptight now. We better get to the Dining Pavilion." I nodded, and went to shut the doors again, when Will grabbed my arm. "Hey now, you're not missing another meal. You're coming with us." 

I stared at him, about to decline until Jack ran up. "You've been missing meals? Bad Leo! Come on, I may be 13, but I know that's even not healthy. Come on, you're coming with!" He grabbed my arm from Will and pulled me along while I was sputtering for words. 

And an amused Will following behind.