Chapter 1

A/N

Hey guys! I just wanted to tell you all that there are two writers writing this. Haley, @feelsfactory on Instagram, and Hanna, @harry.why on Instagram.

Can we get this chapter to 5 votes & 3 comments?

- -

I open my eyes to the sunlight pouring into my room from the open window to my right. "Crap." I say rubbing my eyes and slowly rising from my bed. I turn around to make my bed, just like I do every single morning. Today is my first day of work as a police woman.

I finished my training last week, and today is the day I can officially call myself a cop. As I make my way downstairs, I look at the clock and sigh. I only have 45 minutes to get myself ready. To some people, that's a long time. To me, it's barely enough time to even do my hair.

After I finish eating a breakfast that consists of an apple and a bowl of Cheerios, I run up the stairs to quickly do my hair. I brush through it then throw it up into a high ponytail, teasing my blonde hair a bit to give it more volume. I wash my face then brush my teeth, rinsing with mouthwash.

As soon as I spit, I grab my makeup bag and look at the time once more. 12 minutes. I put foundation on as fast as I can and then put a bit of eyeliner on, then top off the look with some mascara. "Good enough.." I say to myself as I run to my closet to change.

Picking out a decent outfit, I choose a white blouse and some black pants. Not too fancy, because I will probably be receiving my official uniform today. 8 minutes. I rush downstairs and pick out an orange from the counter, saving it for my lunch later on in the day.

I hurry to grab my car keys and run to the door, slamming it then locking it behind me, as I run to the elevator of my apartment building. I press the button, tapping my foot, hoping it would open faster. "Come on."

I check my watch. 5 minutes. "Ugh!" I grunt, sprinting to the stairs, then quickly running down to the lobby. Thank god that I live on the fourth floor, or this would take forever. I make it to the lobby and rush to my car. Ignoring the weird glances people were giving me, I get into my car.

Putting my key into the ignition, the engine starts. My eyes peek to the time. 7:27. Shit 3 minutes. I speed over the limit, rushing through the traffic lights. My eyes were set on the road, gripping the steering wheel.

The police department comes into view, and I almost squeal. I can not be late on the first day of work. I enter the parking lot, and driving to an empty spot, I take in a deep breath. 1 minute. I fix my hair a bit, seeing if there are any flaws from the lack of time I had. Applying a thin layer of lipstick, I am set, so I walk confidently into the building.

"Thompson, welcome. You came just in time." Officer Tim speaks. "Can't be late for my very first day on the job, sir!" I chuckle, following him through the building. "Here is your uniform. You have five minutes to change, the bathroom is there, to your left."

I thank him and find the bathroom, which is actually to my right, but I guess he got confused. I look down at the navy coloured shade of azure uniform that is in my hands and smile. It looks so professional and I love the feeling of the perfectly ironed fabric.

Reality hits me, and I remember I only have five minutes to change. I quickly undress myself, replacing my clothes with the new white shirt and navy pants. I finish the look with the navy layer on top and button up.

I'm ready. I pat my new pants and fold my clothes neatly, then head back to Officer Tim. Many other police men and women lurk around inside, either drinking coffee or cuffing criminals.