Chapter 3

(A/N)

Hey guys, sorry for the wait! We hope you like this chapter! The next one will be better, we promise!

- - - - - - - - - - - -

I watch as Niall exits, leaving me alone in this dark cold room. My phone is on the counter right beside me, so I don't hesitate to pick it up and check the time. 7:33pm. I frown, the slight headache stinging my brain.

Nobody seems to be around this building. I cough and it echoes through the empty hallways. Grabbing my clutch and phone, I walk to the front door, greeting a secrurity guard. I struggle to find my keys, which were hidden somewhere inside my bag. Gotcha. I click the foam button, seeing a flash indicating my car was there.

First day and I already fainted, wow. Are jobs supposed to be like this?

I feel my phone buzz in my pocket so I pick it up and see I have a new a text message.

Unkown number:

"Hey Celia, it's Niall! I might've took your phone to type my number :P So, see you tomorrow at work! Excited to work with you.

I look back up and smile, giggling to myself. He's such a cutie.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The next morning, I wake up with a slight headache. The side effects are still inside of me, though it's fading away. I get out of bed and walk to my kitchen, grabbing two advils. Filling the cup with water, I chug it down along with the pills.

Man, the hours are flying by quickly. Niall is going to be taking me out tonight with his friends.

Getting ready for my second day of work, I grab my uniform. I apply a thin coat of eyeliner and two coats of mascara. That should do it. I don't want to look too over done or too plain, but then again, I am plain.

I sigh loudly, looking at myself in the mirror before heading to the elevator. I lock my apartment door, twisting the doorknob to double check if it is locked.

A stream of whistling catches my left ear and I turn to see a man. He has his hands in his jean pockets with a snapback on, along with a black hoodie. Basically, he is wearing all black, even his sunglasses that hide his eyes.

I patiently wait for the elevator to arrive, not sure if this random man could possibly be my neighbour, or perhaps a rapist. You never know these days.

The elevator dings and I almost sigh in relief before thinking if I should use the stairs. The man walks in, and I follow him. His right hand reaches to press the 'G' and it lights up.

"What floor?" I jump at the unexpected voice and I blink a couple times before answering. "Um I'm going to the same floor as you."

He nods and his hands go back inside of his pockets, leaning his body onto the hand rails of the elevator.

My eyes are set on the ground as I feel him staring at me. Even though he has sunglasses on, I can literally feel his stare.

"Cop? This isn't a joke, right?" He scoffs, most likely looking at my uniform and I stare at him. Part of me wants to rip off those shades and see what he's staring at, but the other half knows he's probably looking at my chest like an inappropriate idiot.

"It's not a joke, I am a cop." I say defensively.

The elevator dings and it opens so I rush out to get away from this creep. Pushing the revolving door, I speed walk outside. Footsteps from the marbled floor inside follow me and I spot my car.