Chapter Eleven

Lilly's POV:
I wake up the next day, to realize that last night wasn't a dream. 'Holy crap-this is right.' I think to myself. I rub my eyes and turn to see a sleeping Blanca.

I pinch her cheek softly, she doesn't move. 'Is she even alive?' I sit up straight and stretch out my arms. Getting up from the bed, I hear a loud scream come from a room across the hallway. Daniel quickly wakes up and stands up. His face filled with confusion.

"What was that?" He asks. I shrug, he walks to the door, and opens it up. "Miranda are you okay?" He steps out in the hallway, and a scared Miranda falls into his arms. He hugs her tightly. A tad bit of jealousy fills my heart.

"I heard something break...and it awoke me—sorry." She looks up at him, her eyes full of love. He looks down at her, his eyes filled with lust. 'They are perfect for each other.' Daniel places a gentle kiss on her head...but not a pity kiss. A warm, loving kiss. I stare in awe...before closing the door gently.

Daniels POV:

I do love Miranda—maybe I don't show it, but I do. It's just...Lilly is my soulmate...at least I think. Lilly's presence is lovely, but when I'm with Miranda she fills me up with warmth...yet I can't be with her. I don't know why. She is everything any man would want, everything I say or think about her I immediately regret.

I didn't marry Miranda, out of pity. I married her because I felt as if she were the one, but when I saw Lilly in her beautiful dress. My breath was taken away. I felt my hands get sweaty, just like the first time I met her.

When my mother showed me the picture she kept in her purse. I was in awe, Lilly was perfect in my eyes. She put everyone else's happiness before hers. That's something Miranda lacked. Lilly didn't want trouble she'd rather stay out of it. She and Miranda were total opposite, but at the same time, I shouldn't compare them.

Flashback:
It was Miranda and I first date after the engagement. I looked at myself in the mirror, 'who is this?' I questioned. I shook my head, as I walked down the stairs. I waited nervously at the bottom. Fiddling with my watch, I heard the noise of her heels against the floor.

I looked up, Miranda stared at me nervously. Her blue dress fell below her knees. Her hair was pulled back into a bun. She shyly smiled at me. 'Wow, that smile.' I smiled back, she walked down the stairs.

"How do I look?" She asked, looking down at her purse. "Beautiful as always," I stated honestly. A memory of the time I went with Lilly to homecoming flashed in my head. I shook the memory away, 'forget her.'

End of flashback:
I looked at Miranda, she flashed that same smile. I had to repay her for being so mean last night. "Do you want to go to eat this afternoon with me?" I ask, with a sincere smile. 'But this wasn't a date.' I told myself....as she nodded her head. Her smile brightened tremendously.

Lilly's POV:

I listen to their conversation, for a few moments before deciding to change. I changed in a knitted sweater and black jeans. I walk to the door, but as I open it...I hear their plans for today. I close my eyes. 'Don't be jealous nor sad....they are married after all.' I whisper to myself, before opening the door. I flash the most sincere smile I could at them, before heading downstairs. Feeling Daniels stare, I don't dare to look back.

Sorry that I went MIA, but I had to take a break

Sorry that I went MIA, but I had to take a break. I was just not in the right headspace, but I'm doing better now!
Love you guys!!!!!❤️❤️❤️