Chapter Thirteen

Lilly's POV:
I always dreamed of getting married. My father would be walking me down the aisle, my groom would be staring at me, with a smile only I had seen. I would be in a lace gown, with a long trail following behind.

The bouquet of flowers would be asserted with red colored tulips, and sunflowers. At the end of the aisle would be my husband waiting for me, his eyes filled with love...not lust. I would be happy, and nothing around me would change that.

My father would squeeze my hand gently, before whispering something to the groom. Yet, if I have a wedding now...there'll be one thing missing-my father.

Today is the anniversary of his death, I walk out of the house wearing a blue wrap dress. I don't look back to see if anyone is following me, I don't think anyone noticed either way. Which made me happy, I didn't want guards to follow me.

I go to a flower shop, and buy some seeds of Marigolds. My father taught me, that In Hispanic culture these were called Flor Del Muerto-Flower of the dead. They supposedly attract the souls of the dead, and besides that he loved these flowers.

Taking the seeds, I get into a taxi. We drive right outside of the city. I stare at all the beautiful fields, I smile remembering when my Mother and Father brought us here. The taxi soon stops in front of a field, a huge tree standing in the middle. I quickly get off, and make my way towards it.

I stand In front of the tree, looking up at it. I feel the gaze of someone as if someone is staring at me. Ignoring the feeling, I kneel down in front of the tree. I dig a small hole into the moist soil with my hands, and place the seeds in gently. I cover up the hole, and pat it down.

I shake the dirt off my hands, and rub it on the grass. I place my hand on the tree, as I place my forehead against it. "I love you dad," I whisper to myself. "Are you burying a body?" I hear a voice ask, I turn around immediately frightened. "Don't scare me like that Lucas," I say with a grin on my face.

He chuckles, before looking at me with a sad smile. "He told me-what today was to you, and I just wanted to check up on you," He states, walking closer to me. "Yeah...well I'll be fine," I say with a reassuring smile.

"I know you will, you're strong." I shake my head. "What is this place?" He ask curiously looking around. "My dad used to bring me here when we visited," I reply, before taking his hand. "Can you climb?" I ask, looking down at his clothes. He's wearing a black button up shirt, with khaki dress pants.

"Can I climb? Of course I can, do you not see these muscles," He jokes, before flexing one of his arms. "Hmm...actually no I don't see any, I think that's just fat." I smile, before laughing. He shakes his head. "You're going to pay," He states, as he glares at me. "Aww did I hurt your little heart," I mock, before letting go of his hand, and starting to climb the tree.

He lets out a chuckle before following me up, we sit on a a tree branch. "I can see why he liked it here," He mumbles, as we both stare at the view. The city in the distance, barely able to see people walking. "He always said he would build us a home on this property...but he never got the time too," I say, averting my attention to him. He turns to me, he wraps his arm around my shoulder.

"But you have time, buy this land...build the house he couldn't. You can plant his favorite flowers, in a garden," He says in an assuring tone. "But I don't want to live alone...I want to share this place with someone I love," I respond, with a small smile on my face. "Then find the person you love, find your soulmate," He stares at me, before looking down at my lips. I find myself leaning in, i close my eyes. Our lips find there way onto each other's, a rush of happiness floods my body.

It's a gentle, yet passionate kiss. "Am I interrupting something here?" We pull away from the kiss, and look down to see Daniel. His face is stern, and emotionless. He looks over at Lucas, and anger takes over his eyes. "I better get going...thank you Lucas," I whisper with a smile on my face. I climb down from the tree, and take Daniels arm...I drag him away from the tree, and into the car. I don't say anything, and neither does he on the way back to his home.

Here's another chapter! Sorry I haven't updated in FOREVER!!!!! LOVE YOU GUYS💜💜💜💜