Best Day of my Life

???? POV:

My lungs were burning with each breath I took though everything around me was so cozy.

I was exhausted but opened my eyes anyways and it took me a while to adjust them to the blackish light until I realized that I was floating in the middle of a room.

Liquid?

Suddenly I heard muffled talking but couldn't make out anything said through the glass.

My eyes slid across the room. All sizes and colors of tubes and cables were connected to different machines, and those were connected to other tanks filled with what I assumed was the same liquid. Behind the glass were huge, lizard-like, black purplish monsters, some of them had their brains exposed. All in all, it looked like a laboratory. Someone was experimenting in this room.

A loud knocking against the glass jerked me back to reality to the figures in front of me. The figures stared back at me as the liquid was slowly flowing down the drain.

"Is it a success?" a light blue haired man asked. He was fairly thin and wore some kind of hand in front of his face as a mask. I found it rather intriguing.

"Yes, it is indeed," the other man stated. This man was not only intriguing but straight up terrifying. His aura alone almost made me shiver. He didn't wear a mask to cover his face 一 if you could call dents and burns a face 一 but that might have been more pleasant for everyone.

"Success..?" i croaked.

"So you can talk. Tell me, boy, what's your name?"

"...Deku, I think."

"Okay Deku, what is the last thing you remember?"

I was trying to get a grasp of anything I could respond now, then it came back to me in a flash, "Falling...," I paused for a moment before I continued, "..and dying."

"So it really did work," the handy man spoke quiet but I could hear a smug grin forming on his lips.

"That is correct. Henceforth, young Deku, you are dead. You are nothing but one of my guinea pigs 一 a lab rat, if you prefer the term. You are here because I decided that you might be useful to me, don't ever forget that."

I nodded slowly trying to comprehend what the faceless man was telling me.

"Can I really be useful?"

"Of course. Just do as we say and you will be of great use. From now on you belong to the League of Villains. You will act as a mere tool for others. You are nothing but that, I created you to bare a quirk I cannot give to anyone else," my eyes lit up at the word quirk. Did he just indirectly say he will give me a quirk? He did, didn't he?

I attempted to contain my excitement for now, "I can get a quirk? And why can't you give it to anyone else?"

"It is very simple, really. Let's compare it to chess, shall we?" he made a few hand gestures to underline his reasoning. "For the same reason as one figure can only move in a certain way, I can't afford to waste a queen's move to be a single step forward, the pawns are there for that," I shifted from one foot to another, "In conclusion, I need to create new pawns for new tasks, and that's where you come in play."

As long as I could do something, "Please," I would do anything "let me be useful."

 This chapter is a little bit shorter but hey, it's just one chapter right?

Song for today is Best day of my life by American Authors