The Other Side of Paradise

Deku's POV

The portal closed right in front of my nose after Shigaraki had yanked me through it before the blond explosion guy could reach me.

I didn't know why but I had wanted him to reach me. I wasn't even able to control my own arm, I had stretched it out as a reflex, maybe it had been another habit of mine?

But that guy, he looked way too familiar. I wish I could remember anything from before. Would it change anything? I would still be me right?

But who was I exactly?

I didn't know anything about myself! How could I forget so many important things? How come I could solely remember my first name? Was 'Deku' even my name? It sure was an odd one...

For the first time since I had woken up in the lab I wanted to be able to remember. I wanted to know who that guy was. I wanted to know who I was. A week ago, I wouldn't even think of something like this. I always just did what I was told to do by the league.

"WHAT IN THE WORLD'S FUCK WERE YOU DOING BACK THERE?!" Shigaraki hollered.

I knew I screwed up but getting my mask blown off wasn't exactly my fault, was it?

Before I could answer, he continued, "I KNEW YOU WEREN'T READY TO COME ALONG ON A MISSION BUT SENSEI INSISTED FOR ME TO BRING YOU!"

His grip around my arm tightened. He was now resting all five fingers on it. The sleeve of my already burned hoodie quickly crumbled away, leaving only my bare skin.

Pain shot through my muscles.

"Shigaraki, it hurts." I said with grinding teeth and eyes fixated on the floor.

"OH I'M SORRY, WHY DON'T YOU CRY OVER IT?" he spat proceeding to tighten his grip.

"Shi..-" I couldn't finish my sentence due to a sharp pain erupting in my stomach caused by his right knee meeting with it.

I sunk to my knees, almost gagging as he towered over me.

"Why did you reach out for him?!" he demanded with a sharp tone. "You have no business with the heroes. Remember that."

Answering was painful but I had to, I didn't want another knee anywhere near my guts again. Shigaraki was stronger than he looked.

"Yes, s-sir. I- I don't really know why either, I'm sorry. I think... I.. I might have known him?"

Another kick sent me flying a few feet backwards against the nearest wall and I heard something crack, most likely one of my ribs.

Shigaraki was boiling. He walked towards me and I put my hands up in defense.

As if that would help anything.

His right foot slammed against the wall only a few inches from my head.

"You are to listen and to do exactly what we say, when we say it and precisely how we say it, or you are useless to us. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"

His gaze made the blood in my veins freeze and sent a cold shiver down my spine.

"Y-yes, ss-sir." I repeated.

"Good." He growled.

~

I sat in my room when someone knocked gently on the door. Ever since the USJ attack a week ago, I was usually in my room. After all, I had everything I needed in this room.