Nightmares

Bakugo POV:

When I opened my eyes, I found myself staring into nothingness, just an infinite, black void.

I called out trying to find out where the fuck I was, "Hello? Anybody here that can tell me where the fuck I am right now?!"

But I didn't get an answer. There wasn't even an echo which sent a cold shiver down my spine.

A light tap on my shoulder had me twist my head around in a flash but before I could see their face I lost all ground under my feet.

~

I sat in the Midoriyas' dining room at the kitchen table staring at the person in front of me with wide eyes.

"...Deku?" I croaked.

"Is something wrong Kacchan? Are you feeling alright, you look a little pale-," he looked up, pushing a bowl towards me. A sharp scent filled my nose. Curry. "I made it just the way you like it, hot and spicy!" he smiled.

"No... I guess everything is alright," I hesitantly took the bowl from him.

Something was off about him. His usual bright shining eyes were a dull green, he had dark bags under his eyes as if he didn't have a proper night of sleep for ages, and his overall figure was even scrawnier than it had been before.

I was trying to figure out what bothered me so much about him.

"Oi, Deku... are you really here right now?" Maybe it had all been a dream up until now? I mean, I could see him directly in front of me.

"What are you talking about, Kacchan? Of course I'm not, silly!" he grinned at me.

Right. How stupid. This was the dream.

But it was so different from my everyday-nightmares.

It didn't match up with the pictures my mind showed me usually.

Deku drowning.

Deku being ripped apart.

Deku getting crushed.

I often saw him in the middle of a villain attack, trying to chase a hero or getting a closer look on what's happening and then something always happened.

Whether he was being crushed by a falling boulder or directly attacked, it was always horrifying having to watch it happen while not being able to reach him in time.

"So, how is your search for me going anyways?" he interrupted my thoughts.

I stayed silent.

"Awee come on, didn't you say you would find me?" his carefree smile turned into a wide malicious grin.

"I'm sure you will, don't give up! You're a hero after all!"

This wasn't the Deku I knew. The words matched his familiar optimism but his face told an entirely different story.

This really was a nightmare, huh..

This a really short chapter, but I felt like writing right now and this is what I came up with and I don't want to put the next chapter with this so here you go. After a whole week you get two whole chapters in a single day xD

I really hope you guys like where this is going and if you want to see something in particular in this story, just leave a comment, I'll gladly put your ideas in here if it fits with what I had in mind. Maybe there'll be something I didn't even think of? 

Hope you enjoy the rest of your day and enjoy life!