~2~

The next day, Katie made sure to apply extra foundation to her cheek, so no one noticed the bruise on it. As they pulled up to college and got out the car, Katie's best friend Kelsey ran up to her.
"Hey bestie" she said, trying and failing to hug Katie. She didn't acknowledge Grayson as she generally didn't like him. Just then, Ethan walked up and hugged Kelsey from behind,causing her to blush.
"Hey babygirl" He said, making her cheeks go crimson red.
"Hey babe" she replied, smiling.
Grayson scoffed and Kelsey raised her eyebrows at him, and decided to speak up.
"Got a problem?" She questioned.
Grayson just laughed. "My brother isn't as perfect as he makes out to be." This time it was Ethans turn to scoff. "No one is perfect Gray." Ethan responded. Kelsey nodded in agreement, and muttered something under her breath.
Grayson tutted. "What was that?"
Kelsey fake smiled. "Oh nothing. Not a single thing."
He took a step towards her, and Ethan stood in front of her, protecting her.
Through gritted teeth, grayson asked again. "I said, what was it? Spill it now."
"I said, especially you." Kelsey said, smirking. Ethan pulled her away, also smirking, but only slightly.
Grayson never spoke for the rest of the day, but as Kelsey walked Katie to the car at hometime, he kissed Katie passionately. As he had hoped, Kelsey became annoyed, clenched her fists, and walked away, leaving Katie no time to even say goodbye
"Babe? Were you trying to piss her off? She is my best friend."
Grayson gave Katie a look. "So? I wouldn't give a fuck if she was the president, shes a disrespectful hoe." He replied.
Katie opened her mouth to say something, but stopped herself. She didn't want another bruised cheek.
They got in to Graysons, and went up to his room. Katie didn't feel like talking, as she knew it would start an argument, so she decided to sit at his desk and do all the coursework she had.
"What ya doing babe?" He asked her. She held up her book.
"Art and childcare coursework. Haven't you got coursework to be getting on with babe? You know you will just fail if you dont do it." Katie reminded him.
Grayson sighed. "Eh, I only got gym. It can wait."
"Ok then" she said.
Later that night, Katie was walking home. Grayson had fallen to sleep and she didn't want to wake him. Then, she thought to herself. 'Why am I still with him? He treats me like dirt and hits me...yet I still stay, still care for him, still beg him not to leave me.' She knew deep down she loved him, but that the relationship was toxic. A tear rolled down her face, and she looked down. She wished she hadn't. She bumped into someone and fell, hitting her head on the floor.
"Katie! You ok?!!"
The girl grabbed her hand and pulled her up. It was kels.
"Kels!! I'm fine thanks just walking home." She replied.
Kelsey raised an eyebrow. "Why isn't Grayson taking you.
"He fell to sleep." Katie shrugged.
Kelsey shook her head but didn't say anything. As she turned to walk away, Kelsey stopped her.
"Katie...you can do so much better than him..you know wlthst dont you?" She asked her.
Katie nodded. "But I cant leave him kels....I.. love him...."
Kelsey hugged her best friend, and Katie welcomed the hug. "I'm here if you need me."
Katie nodded and made her way home...as the tears resumed pouring down her face.....