~9~

As time passed, Katie wasnt allowed out of her bed. She still couldn't figure out what was going on with kels...they hadn't pronounces her dead, but they hadn't said she was alive either. She kept asking paige but her answer was the same as the first time. Paige had carried on visiting the hospital every day, and their friendship had grown....but Katie felt it had grown in more ways than one. She had developed strong feelings for paige, and didn't see her as just a friend anymore.

Two weeks later, Katie was released from her hospital bed.
"Hows it feel?" Paige asked her.
"To be out of that hospital bed? Absolutely brilliant." She replied.

Katie had asked the nurse what was going on with Kelsey, and it turned out she was in a coma. They didn't know if she would make it out, but the nurse said if she could stay alive for 3 weeks without her heart flat lining, she would definitely survive.

Katie decided to take a day off staying in the hospital room with Kelsey, knowing she would need the fresh air.
She texted paige, asking if she wanted to hang out. She had an idea.
Katie😋-hey, what ya doing right now?
Paige😆- nothing why?
Katie😋- meet me outside the hospital in 5.
Paige😆- k?

5 minutes later, paige got there as planned.
"Hey! I'm glad we met up, I need to tell you something." Paige told her.
Katie nodded. "Me too. I have something I want to tell you as well. You go first."
They talked for a while, both changing the subject.
"Tell me then!!" Katie said.
"Well...I dont really want to tell you, I want to show you...." she said.
With that she pressed her lips to Katie's in a passionate kiss. Katie didn't even try to resist before melting completely into it. It was like the world around them had stopped spinning, and they were the only two people on the earth. Just katie and paige.
After what felt like an eternity, they pulled away and the world went back into action again.

"I think I get the jist. Let's go for a walk."

Then, she grabbed paiges hand and they walked around together....enjoying the moment between them.