Chapter 1

I sat in a room waiting for him to come back online. Listening to the clocks ticks and tocks, I looked around the room. I look at the empty white chair that matches the rest of the white, empty, and blank room. I might as well go to the other rooms to see if anyone wants to talk. Just as I was about to leave, I hear the door open.

                    ''Hey Toni.'' he says as he sits down in the white chair.

                    ''Hello Bry, how are you?" I say as I slowly move away from my door. He looks at me and smiles and shakes his head.

                    ''I'm good, what about you?" I smile and sit down in my chair and I give him a thumbs up. His face suddenly goes cold after he looks at the clock. 

                   ''Toni...come here for a second.'' Bryce grabs my arm and pulls me into the corner, far away from the clock. My heart pounds faster and I struggle to ask him what he's doing. 

                    ''Look, I don't wanna scare you but these rooms aren't what they seem.'' His grip is still tight on my wrist as I stare at him with confusion. 

                   ''What the fuck do you mean? Have you gone mad? Bryce let me go!'' I struggle which only makes him hold onto my wrist tighter and he uses his other hand to pin me up against the wall. He stares at me with cold eyes as I begin to calm down.

                    ''They are watching us and observing us..they monitor our conversations with each other.'' Bryce says in a low whisper. I get a little angry as I try to push him off again.       

                    ''Bryce what the fuck are you talking about?'' I say in a whisper. 

                    ''Antonia...do you not understand? They aren't safe...none of this is...'' He continues to ramble to himself and lets me go. His hands ball up into fists before he puts his hands on the back of his head and takes a deep breath. 

                     ''Fuck...I'll have to be online later. Bye Toni.'' He races out of the room, leaving me alone. I shake off what just happened and I leave the room to enter the dark hallway. I see the name tags with their numbers under it. The little dots glowing green, red, yellow, or grey. No one that I talk to is really online. As head back to my profile room and put myself on grey or 'offline'. I look back at his chatroom and sigh, Bryce has gone mad.