3: Last Resort

Shen Yue's POV

How in the hell did I end up in a clinic .. being called back a day later for my application to be surrogate... maybe because it had been two whole weeks since my sisters suggested such an absurd idea.

But here he I was entertaining her idea.

When my phone rings. "Hello", I say nervously.

"Yue Yue", Uncle Song says.

"ahhh Uncle, how are you?", I ask him trying to sound as normal as I could.

"I'm doing good , I'm sorry I haven't been in touch much lately, things in my job are hectic these days.. how's my sister doing?", he asks.

Tears brim in my eyes... I hated this .. my mom was getting worse by day and I couldn't hide it from him.

"It's bad Uncle.. I'm trying to find a job", Lies I'm in a clinic handing my application to be surrogate because I have no choice and I don't want to bring you into this whole thing.

"Silly girl , why didn't you tell me or ask me for help.. we're family"

"Because your busy uncle and I can't bother you with these things, I'm a big girl and I can handle it", my voice breaks.

"Not alone , Yue Yue, I submitted a payment for the chemo", he says.

I smile...maybe that would help for now but I couldn't rely on him... I had to still get through with this..

"Thank you Uncle", I thank him.

"Head up , Yue, you're name last name was changed to Shen for a reason", he assures me.

I clear my throat. "You're right , we'll see each other soon , right ?, I miss you"

"I miss you , my pretty crescent", he calls me by a nickname he called me often when I was growing up.

"See you soon , Uncle ,I have to go", I say.

"Take care and call me when you need something or need me to come down there", he says and hangs up.

Should I leave this place and just look for a job?

I sign... not job would ever pay me this much so fast.

But it had been two weeks of searching for a good paying job and I had zero luck... now what good with it be doing it now?

Who was the crazy one now? ... jokes on me that's for sure.

"Shen Yue",the lady from inside calls.

And I stand and ever and every strive I took , I became even more anxious.

I go in and the nurse closes the door and she motions me to go that way and I do.

I take a seat on the chair and the lady in front of me is smiling huge.

"I'm Dr.Kimberly , so your application passed.. and your paperwork of your check ups seem to indicate everything is fine with you, Miss.Shen", she says excitedly.

I mean maybe she was excited about this but I had no choice anymore.. I needed to pay for my mom's chemotherapy and this was my last choice.

I smile forcefully. "And now we wait?"

"Yes, were going to wait and send your application to some couples and singles who want to have a baby ... and we will get back to you as soon as someone is interested in having you as their surrogate", she explains.

"Okay .. how long do you think it'll take for someone to be interested", I ask her.. I mean I wasn't necessarily pushing it but I needed it to be a soon as possible since you would get payed as soon as we got done the surgery and it was a success.