8: Sunflowers and Ramen

Dylan's POV

"Mmm", Shen Yue says as she sips on the ramen she was eating. If I knew something by now it was Shen Yue other favorite thing in the world is rameyun and kimchi.

I had found out she was half chinese and half korean recently today and it made sense now when I heard her sister and her korean friend speak in korean that day at the hospital.

"are you in touch with your korean side at all besides occainally speaking the language?", I ask wanting to get to know the girl even more. she shakes her head and swallows the bite of rameyun she had in her mouth.

"I mean I stopped completely trying to get to know that side of me because of my father", she explains her eyes going cold.

Her father must be a touchy subject I decided not to push it anymore especially since she was just letting her guard down a bit around me ever since we cleared the air. I think we had gotten to know one another even more from spending every single day with one another and tomorrow was the day she was going to get artificially insemination.

"Tomorrow the day, huh?", I begin saying. "I know what your going to say.. you hope everything goes well.."

"umm..",my cheeks heat up in embrassment and I cough trying to ignore it.. She rests her hand on top of mine and smiles warmly at me.. I look into her soft brown eyes and then study her face and notice her two little moles one near her nose and the other on her chin.. they were so.. dare I say cute?

"what are you staring at me for?", she asks gently. " I am not staring at you .. Miss.Shen", I say confidently but then notice I was starting to be formal with her again.

"Dylan weren't you the one who wanted to be on first name terms and now I'm Miss.Shen?",she points out and pokes my cheek.

"Wait in korea.. they have honorifics for when the girl is older than the guy.. so shouldn't I be calling you noona?", I ask teasingly and she goes bright red and turns away... jokes on her now huh ?

"Noona it's rude to turn away especially when the person is talking", I poke her arm and she moves it way. She turns to look at me again regaining her posture. "Show noona some respect Dylan-sshi", she says in serious voice but I notice the teasing tone within her voice.

"You got it noona", I say and she only laughs.

"Okay let's cut the noona nonsense out",she grinned.

I smirk. "I actually kinda like calling you noona.. it's hot"

She goes bright red. "Umm.. I mean sure , if you want to you can call me that..", she says awkwardly.

I poke her arm and begin laughing. "Gosh Yue, your face expression was so funny.. I can't even right now"

Unable to laugh any longer because my stomach starts hurting my laughter dies down.

"Dylan , I'm serious it really is okay , you can call me that, if you want", she says and rests her hand on mine.

"Tomorrow... everything will be okay, I just know it.. especially now that i know you .. your a very strong and independent woman , Shen Yue, and I'm glad I went with you as the surrogate for my baby", I say truthfully and hold her hand in mine.

Her hand tenses in mine and then relaxes. "I know this is none of my business, Dylan but why do you want a baby?"

"Truth is I almost had a baby when I was really young and i might've been young but I always wondered what it would be like to have one after my girlfriend at the time passed way along with the baby.. and also none of my relationships ever work.. I've been into two serious relationships.. my first love.. she passes away and then my second girlfriend is pregnant and I'm beyond excited but it turns it the baby isn't mine and she cheated.. they never work out so I'm not even going to try .. I rather skip the relationship part and have a child that will make me happy, they'll be the reason of my happiness", I explain and her hand squeezes mine.

"I hope things workout with a woman ... you deserve to be happy with a nice woman and share adventures together", she says genuinely.

I only nod.. whatever happened I knew that things with any woman wouldn't workout I was better off alone.

~

"We're going to need you.. to change into that gown .. Miss.Shen", the nurse says handing her the yellow gown.

She nods. "Can I leave my undergarments?"

"You'll also need to remove those, Miss.Shen", she says and I notice Shen Yue getting more nervous as it's almost time for her to leave.

I get close to her and without hesitation and wrap my arms around her.

She wraps her arms around me and I feel her hot tears on my shirt. "I don't know why I'm so scared ... I was fine and I was okay.. why am I so scared.. Dylan", her voice breaks.

I hug her tightly and rub circles on her back soothingly. "It's okay to be scared, Noona.."

She laughs through the tears. "I think I'm okay now.. thank you Dylan", she thanks me pulls away from the hug.

"Don't worry .. I won't let you down and you'll have your baby soon.. and I promise to start eating better and taking care of my physical.. so the baby can be healthy", she promises.

"You don't need to worry about any of that .. I will worry .. and the insemanation will be a success", and she nods and lays on the bed.

"Don't worry ... Mr.Wang, we'll take care of everything and she will be just fine along with the whole process .. She had a check up and she's very healthy ", Dr.Kimberly reassures me.

"Thank you", I say and they roll the bed away.

"Don't worry this only takes about five to fifteen minutes top but Miss.Shen choose to be in separate room because she was more comfortable like that, it will be quick", the nurse that stayed behind assures.

I walk over to the waiting room of the office and find Wu Dugu there with flowers, specifically sunflowers ... Yue's favorite flower and also none other than a bag which contained food.

I roll my eyes at the sight of him.. but try shrugging off this feeling I had when I saw him... because it's not like it mattered... what was it to me?

"Hey Dylan", he greets me..

"You here for , Shen Yue?", I ask him and he nods.

"We were texting yesterday and she said today was her surgery and I wanted to come and support especially since she wasn't allowed to eat .. why not bring her... the food she loves most , ramen"

I nod and smile... I wanted to get her ramen and flowers... now what ?

We have our second lead interfere with Diyue ;)

It takes me way too long to upload chapters.. and I'm so sorry .. honestly I want to give you chapters I love writing and don't feel rushed to upload that's why it takes so long.

I'm feeling inspired ... and thank you for all this support

All the love, Ella xx