12:Before You Go

Dylan's POV

Instantly my phone rings and my manager angry voices booms.. when I accept the call.

"HOW DARE YOU MAKE MY NIECE YOUR SURROGATE.. DID YOU NOT HAVE A CLUE.. SHE WAS MY NIECE..."

I gulp... how was I supposed to know Shen Yue was his niece... oh wait... Fuck...

His last name is Shen... so ... fuck it make so much sense.. but I mean... it isn't really that obvious because a lot of people could have that last name.

"IM ON MY WAY AND IM EXCEPTING YOU TELL MY NIECE TO GO ... And don't tell her I'm coming too"

He hangs up and I dial her number.

"Dylan... what's up?"

"I know it's late but this is an emergency.."

She yawns and I feel bad telling her to come all the way over here especially how it was ten pm... already and she slept early to go see her mom.

"Could you come over here... I need to ask you something that requires your presence... please bless me with your presence"

She laughs.

"Cuteeee.. yeah I'll be there in a few minutes"

"Okay see ya here"

I hang up and I hear a loud knock from downstairs and when I go down I hear one of my house maids explaining to Manager Song I was asleep already.

"He can't be ... STOP BEING A COWARD WANG HEDI AND COME DOWN"

"I'm right there ... Manager song"

The maid bows and takes her leave.. leaving us alone... shit .. please don't hit me Shen Song...

"Now im going to be honest with you... I'm only asking once.. did you know your surrogate was my niece at all?"

I shake my head and block the impact I thought was coming but it never comes and I open them and see Manager Song's face soften a little.

"I'm angry but not at you... because your not one to lie..but she lied to me .. saying everything was okay, why would she even need to lie"

I page Ting Ting , one of my maids to make some hot steaming tea.
I call her through her pager... call me old fashioned.. but I prefer pagers over a bell..

Ting immediately comes in with three tea cups of hot tea and sets them on the coffee table in front of us .. And Shen Song and I take a seat.

A knock on the front door interrupts the awkward tension and Ting Ting opens it.

"So it's pretty late and I was about to order ramen... what are you doing here Uncle Song?"

I smile a bit when she mentions ramen... God knows how much she loved ramen.

He glared at her and then takes a sip of his tea and looks over at me.

"He's... my manager , Shen Yue and he's mad because he says that you lied"

Her features go hard and she looks away not wanting to look at either of us.

"You never told me you worked for Dylan Wang?"

Manager Song scoffs.. I had never seen him angry ever .. only upset but never angry..

"Why didn't you tell me you were short on money... she's my younger sister and you're my niece you deserve to live too!!! And now you're even pregnant .. by someone I manage!!!"

His voice was raised and his ears hot from how angry he had been and I see tears threatening to fall from Shen Yue's eyes by how he was speaking to her.

"Manager Song... please calm down and let her explain herself .. I'm sure she had a good reason"

I defend Shen Yue and she looks at me into my eyes thanking me quietly.. and she takes a seat next to me taking a deep breath.

"I'm sorry.. I didn't want to bother you .. I had it handled, Uncle Song"

He looks so angry that he's red at this point and I knew it took all of himself to calm down 

"Nooo this doesn't look like you have it handled at all , for goodness sake , niece , you could've asked me for extra cash!"

"You know what Uncle Song... it's been always me who ha had to take care of things and I had to figure out a way to deal with all this"

Her Uncle stands up and takes a seat next to her and holds her hand.

"Can you give us a moment, I have to ask her something about Wynter"

I stand up about to leave when I see Shen Yue motion me to take a seat again and I take a seat again... why was did she want me here... was she starting to trust me now?

"Uncle Song, if you're talking about what happened with Wynter... he already knows.. he's friend knows Wynter and he's the one that helped her"

Ohhhh damn what a small world... everyone just ends up knowing everyone... that you know.

"As in Kido?"

She nods. "The reason I found out was because your father had the nerve to call me and say he refuses to call you guys his daughters"

His voice became broken... he was in pain .. seeing what kinda father they had, and I felt beyond sad as well for them.

What a shit father.

"He dared to put our wynnie in danger, our girl is all about second chance no matter how bad people hurt her, and he didn't care about her safety... When I see that man I'm going to make sure I beat him until-"

Shen Yue stands up pulling her uncle close to her... tears streaming down her face.. broken by the reality their lives were.

"I won't let you , wynnie and or Miriam , be harmed , and I'll cover the expenses"

"But I'm still doing this for Dylan... he's had too many hopes in becoming a gather , Uncle , he deserves to have a child finally"

She holds out her hand for me to take and I take it and she squeezes.. reassuringly.

I didn't understand this feeling inside me yet but I just knew I cared very deeply for Shen Yue already.. that was exactly what it meant..

I cared so much for her that I wanted what was best for her and the fact that she choose to help me be happy ... meant a lot to me.

Thank you for continuing to support my story , I adore y'all 💜💚💜💚

All the love , Ella xx