6: A Small World

Shen Yue's POV

"You're hurt badly", I gently grab her face full of concern because of the giant bruise on her cheek.

"I'm fine , sis, let's never let that evil man in our lives , those men hurt Kido , he's bruised from fighting them off and I got in the way when they were going to hit him again, and we ran as fast as we could to his car and drove off", she explains the details she had left off.

"Kido... I need to go see him", my sister says and stands up and I stop her grabbing her arm.

"I asked about him before you woke up , he's resting and the doctor said he was okay , that he just said some bruising", I inform her.

"I feel so bad , he didn't even have to put himself in danger but he did", she says.

I pat her back. "He's going to be okay , you'll talk to him soon, for now let him rest a bit and you can go see him later , the nurse said she was getting your discharge papers printed , we can go now"

She shakes her head. "I can't just leave Kido.. that would be so shitty of me, I'm staying"

I knew I wasn't winning this one so I nod. "I'm going to go home and get you a new change of clothes and bring you some ramen from that place from last time, since you liked it so much , sound good?"

She only nods. "Thank you", I pat her back.

~

I unlock the door to the house and notice it's as clean as we had left it. I walk to my sister's room which was at the very end of the hallway.

I open it and notice how messy it was and that the bed was a mess.

I pick up best I could and do her bed. I grab a pair of pants and a T-shirt and put it in it.

~

Next I drive to the ramen place and I notice a huge line but don't mind it.

I notice the guy from last time there and try to shrug it off, what was his name again ?

Wu something ... I couldn't remember his first name.

I get in line and notice he's faced the other way talking to the girl in front of me and I thank God because he'd probably be to busy to greet me.

It was embarrassing what I had done and know he even knew where I lived.

"Dreamer , is that you?", he says and I jump surprised by him.

"Gosh , you scared me!", I tell him and hold my chest.

He laughs. "What brings you here?"

"Honestly, it's kinda a private matter, especially for someone I've only spoken to once who is practically a stranger"

He nudges me. "I told you , I'm Wu Dugu last time , I'm not a stranger at all" , a smile follows right after.

He had a nice smile.

"I'm getting food , for my sister", I say and leave out the part where I would be taking some to my sick mom.

He nods. "I'm taking some for my step brother and grandma"

I don't say anything anymore. But Wu Dugu continues the conversation.