Chapter 6

I took a deep breath as I woke up more. I found myself in the room that the army and I slept in the night before. Tokuichi was curled up next to me as he was fast asleep. I looked around the room more, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I yawned as I woke up a bit more. I looked down at the monkey as I rubbed his head, watching him sleeping like a little kitty. "You still tired boy?" I asked as he stayed in his place, sleeping silently. I smiled as I looked around the room. I was completely alone, except for Tokuichi. As for Dad and the rest of the army, or the Sanada army, I was completely alone. I yawned as I got up and looked around the room. The sun peered through the window's, reflecting the frames and branches from trees, as they were projected onto the walls. I turned to look out the window as I walked up to it. The sun was just started to shine above the mountains, turning the dark sky into a lighter blue. The mountains in the background showed a dark point, as they stood strong to defend the army. I looked outside, seeing the army's horses still tied up, but they were awake and eating the grass that was displayed below them. I sighed as I shifted to look around the room, seeing all the beds messy from being slept in. I sat there in the thought of the army and where they went. "I wonder if they left to talk with the Sandana army," I said, as Tokuichi nudged my hand. I cracked a smile as I rubbed his head. "Why do you choose to be around me? I thought you were dad's monkey" I said. Tokuichi bent down on the cill as I rubbed his back. He was like a little kitten, wanting more attention. I smiled at the monkey's reaction, watching him as he rolled onto his back. I chuckled as I scratched his belly, glad that he kept behind until I woke up. "You like to watch me sleep, don't you?" I asked him as a chuckle entered the room. "So you like your dad's monkey, huh Harp?" a familiar voice asked as I looked at the door, seeing Toshiie standing in the doorway. I nodded towards him. "Morning Toshiie," I said, as he cracked a smile. "Tokuichi likes to watch you through the night. Your dad's losing his monkey" he said, with a laugh as he walked into the room. He stood across from me as he rubbed the monkey's back. Tokuichi turned to him as he screeched, then ran on my shoulder. "Oh come on," Toshiie said, as he turned to the monkey. I looked at Tokuichi as I rubbed his head. The monkey nuzzled his head into my neck as he slipped and clung to my shirt, but managed to get back on.

"Just like when your little" Toshiie spoke, which made me turn to him. "What are you talking about?" I asked as Toshiie sighed. "When you were younger, Tokuichi would always be around you. You used to cuddle with him. He always slept with you, even though your dad was in the room most of the time. Your dad even trained him to check up on you, or find you" he said, as he reached to pet the monkey. Tokuichi hissed at him as I watched the monkey. "So, he's trained to keep an eye on me, when your all gone? No wonder he won't leave me alone" I said, as I petted the monkey on the head. "And here I thought you just wanted my banana's," I said, as I scratched him on the head. I turned back to Toshiie as he spoke. "Anyway, I was just checking to see if you got up. We're going to continue and probably go back home today" he said, as I nodded. I placed a hand on my stomach as I heard it grumble. I felt the embarrassment kick in as I put my head down. "You're in luck. The Sanada army is now preparing breakfast, which we should head down. If that's alright with you?" he asked as I nodded. "Yeah, breakfast would be nice," I said, as we started to walk out of the room.  I kept my head low due to the embarrassment of being hungry. I walked calmly next to Toshiie as I felt his eyes on me. He chuckled before he spoke. "Don't hide that stomach growl Harper," he said, as I looked up and down the hallway. "I was hoping that you didn't notice," I said, feeling embarrassed even more. He had heard that.   Toshiie sighed as we turned to head down another hallway. 

"You like to sleep in, don't you?" he asked as I sighed.  I looked ahead of me as I spoke. "I have been tired lately. There's a lot that's been happening, so I wanted my sleep" I said as Toshiie chuckled. "What about before when you didn't leave the house?" he asked as I looked at him. "It's because I couldn't leave the house. There was nothing left for me to do but sleep. I couldn't help it" I said, as I tried to hide my face again. Toshiie bumped my arm as he spoke. "Come on. You've been through a lot lately. Went from staying home all the time to seeing the world with just one day" he said, as I sighed. "And that one day I got lost," I said, in an upsetting tone again.  Toshiie sighed as he spoke. "That can happen to anyone Harper. We're just lucky that the Sanada army was the ones that found you" he said, as we walked up to a door. I heard mumbling through the door, as an outburst of laughter.  Toshiie knocked as he opened the door. "Come on Harp," he said, as I walked through the door. We walked into the meeting room that we were in last night, with a long table in the middle of it. A buffet of food was spread in the middle of the table, with plates marking a spot for everyone. The armies were sitting around the table as they ate and talked with each other. Dad turned his head as he spoke. "Good morning sleepy head," he said, as I looked down in embarrassment. "Morning," I said, feeling my cheeks becoming redder than before.  Yukimura smiled as he spoke. "Harper, grab a plate and get some food. There's plenty" he said, as I nodded. "Ok," I said, as I sat at the table and started to fill my plate.  There was a bunch of food out that varied from eggs and bacon to a bowl of cereal or oatmeal.   I grabbed a plate as I filled it up and started to eat.