Chapter 15

I sat in the kitchen with my bowl of cereal right in front of me. I took another bite as I looked up at the window, seeing the sun fully risen in the sky. The trees flew within the wind, rustling against each other, as some were fully blown off the trees. It looked to be windy at this point but didn't seem to be that bad. The trees were bright green, with some leaves showing a bit of a yellow tint to it, which glowed within the sunlight. I watched as the trees drifted along, looking so relaxed with the wind. I looked down at my bowl as I stirred the little bit of cereal that still sat within it. I took a deep breath as I thought of the meeting and how I was going to start my first training session. I looked up at the window as the fear started to seep into me, letting my thoughts get all negative. I closed my eyes for a moment and took a deep breath to relieve myself. I focused on the sounds of the wind and the silence of the room. The room was pretty silent except for the footsteps that continued to walk down the hallway. I looked into the hallway as Toshiiee walked into the room. "Relaxing before training Harp?" he asked as he walked up to the counter. I swallowed my bite as I spoke. "Yeah. A little nervous about it," I admitted as he grabbed some bread out of the cupboard. "There's nothing to be nervous about. Yeah, it's a little scary at first. But everything we have to train with will not cut anyone. Everything we use for training is actually made out of wood," he said, as a splintery piece of wood popped into my head. I took a deep breath as I looked up at him. "But, wouldn't that hurt you guys?" I asked as Toshiie turned around. "No. It's not gonna hurt as much. It's a finished piece of wood. Plus it doesn't really hurt us as much as it would you," he said, as to remind me that they were vampires. When your raized by vampires, you tend to forget that they are not human, especially when they don't bite you at all.

I tilted my head in confusion. "But, wouldn't you feel it?" I asked as he turned to look at me. "We do feel it. You wanna know what it feels like to us?" he asked as I nodded. "Yeah, maybe it'll make me feel better about the training," I said, allowing him to simulate it. Toshiie smiled as he chuckled. "Alright, close your eyes," he said, as I did. I took a deep breath as footsteps echoed through the kitchen. They sounded distant at first, then got closer as I felt someone hover over me. "Ok, you ready?" he asked, his voice above my head. I nodded, as I braced for anything too painful. "Take a deep breath and relax," he said as I started to feel something getting closer to me. I flinched to get myself ready for what was gonna happen. I bent my head forward as I squinted my eyes shut even tighter. I felt a little thump hit the back of my head. I opened my eyes to look down at the floor in confusion. Then I looked up at Toshiiee, seeing him holding an empty paper towel roll. I squinted in confusion. "I barely felt that," I admitted as he chuckled. "That's what those swords feel like to us. Well, to me that is," he said, as I took another bite. "Does it feel like that little tap when it's fully swung at you?"I asked as Toshiie sighed. "Well, it's a little harder than that but pretty close to it," he explained as I chuckled. I looked down at my bowl as I stirred it. "Ok, now I feel a little bit better. I'm still gonna be careful though," I said, as he nodded. "It'll be alright. Once you get into it, it's pretty fun," he said, with confidence in his voice.

I tilted my head in confusion. "It's fun to hit people with wood?" I asked as he chuckled. "Well, not if you're the one getting hit by it. But when we do it, I usually face Kanbee. He makes it more difficult," he said, with a sigh. I studied Toshiie as he explained it, then tilted my head. "Does Kanbee do it on purpose?" I asked as he chuckled. "I think he does just to annoy me half the time. But it's fun once you get used to it," he said, as I looked down at my bowl again. "At least no one will get seriously hurt by it," I said, accepting the fact that I can't back out of it. Toshiie chuckled. "You're gonna do alright. Just look at what you did with Yukimura," he said, bringing back that memory. I dropped my head in embarrassment, with the memory back in my head. "That was an accident. I didn't know who he was at that moment," I said, as Toshiie chuckled. "It's ok. No one got seriously hurt. That's all that matters, right?" he asked as he rubbed the back of my head. I looked up as I started to finish my breakfast. "Right. Just proves that I can protect myself when I'm alone," I said, as Toshiie nodded. "Exactly. It made me feel better to know that our little squirt can defend herself," he said, as I looked at him. "You haven't used that one in a while," I said, realizing the nickname. Toshiie chuckled. "I know. You were so small and adorable when we brought you here," he said, as I started to finish my breakfast.

The Daughter Of Hideyoshiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें