Chapter 12

I entered the house as I looked around. It was the same place like before, just a little quieter. The walls were shining brightly from the sun, which reflected itself through the windows. The air was cold and the whole place looked abandoned, due to us not being home in a while. I turned as I started to walk down the hall and towards my room, wanting to at least change into some fresh clothes to start off with. I went to walk down the hall as I thought about that man with the red hair again. I thought about how he looked strangely familiar, but the place and time didn't come to mind. Where have I seen him before? I sighed as I heard the door open and Misunari spoke. "Harper, wait," he said, which made me stop in my tracks. I turned to him, seeing him still in his full uniform. The only difference was his jacket draped over his arm instead of being on him. I studied him more as I spoke. "Sorry. Did you need something?" I asked as he nodded. "I want to check out your wounds. Also, clean that side out better," he said, as I started to walk in his direction. "Unless you had something to do," he said, as I shook my head. "No. I haven't started to do anything," I said, as Misunari smiled a bit. It was not a warming or creepy smile. It was a smile of relief, knowing that I was going to be ok. He nodded as he spoke. "Follow me. It won't be good to get the wound infected," he said, as he started to walk down the hall. I followed without anything else, knowing that I didn't want to get my injury worse.

I was silent, due to my mind still wandering about everything that happened while we were gone those few days. As I was thinking, I studied the walls and different things that we had in the building. It was the same exact thing as we left it, but it felt a lot different than before. I studied the walls, then looked around to the yard, seeing the grass and the tree shining a bright green. The sun shined onto everything, brightening it up and making it become a little blinding. The breeze drifted down the hallway, due to it being a little wind tunnel. I started to slow down, almost to a complete stop, feeling the breeze on the wound which healed the pain. Walking in front of me stopped as Misunari spoke. "We shouldn't wait a while for it, even though we washed it out while you were sleeping," he said, as I turned back to him. "Oh sorry. I just wanted to enjoy the view a little bit," I said, as Misunari shook his head and we continued walking. "That's fine Harp. If it wasn't as bad as it looked, I would've just left you alone. But I want to make sure it's not what I think it is," he said, as I looked at him. "Your right," I said, as I followed him. I sighed again as I stretched, putting my arms in the air. "Feels so good to be home," I said, as we turned down the hall to the bathroom. Mitsunari laughed at the comment. "We've been gone for a few days. Your acting like we've been gone for years," he chuckled with. I sighed as I looked down at my feet. "Sorry. It just feels like forever. A lot has happened while we were gone, which makes it feel even better," I said, as we walked into the room where we kept the medical supplies.

The room was a bit on the large side, with a sink, bed, and cabinets full of medical supplies. I never knew what the actual term for this room was called, I just called it the recovery room. It was the room that if one of the members of the army was hurt, they go in to rest from whatever they had to heal from. I walked into the room as I recognized the room is nice and clean. I walked over to the bed as I jumped on it, resting my leg up against the foot of the bed. I thought about our ride home and those beings that we came across. I thought about the boy and how I had to go up to him. Mitsunari walked back up to me with a roll of gauze as he lifted up my shirt and started to check out my injury. "You look lost Harper," he broke the silence with. I jumped from his voice as I shook my head. "No, just thinking," I said, as I went back to my thoughts. "About?" he broke the silence again. I sighed as I knew he wanted to talk about it. "About those people that we saw on the way home. Especially the man. He looked strangely familiar and I don't remember where I saw him before," I said, going back into my thoughts. Mitsunari wetted a washcloth as he unraveled my wound and started to clean it better. "Did anything in the journal have something that you remember reading?" he asked as I thought again. Journal? Was he talking about Yukimura's? I sighed as I shook my head. "I can't think about the journal right now," I said, as I stayed in deep thought. Mitsunari sighed as he spoke again. "Ok. Any memories come to mind when you saw that man?" he asked as I sighed. "No. Could you possibly give me the man's name?" I asked, curiosity taking over my thoughts. Mitsunari sighed as he shook his head. "I don't know if your dad would want me to tell you. That might be a question to ask him," he explained. I nodded. "Alright. I understand. It's just, he seemed familiar. Plus it sounded like he knew me, so it made me wonder," I explained.