Prologue

☾  ☽   ☾  ☽

Frighten in fear, fire was blazing within the forest. The colors of crimson, bright orange, and hints of yellow surrounding the forest.

The forest I called home.

"Grace, Euphemia, Millia! Run NOW!" Our older brother growls in his beautiful grey coat of fur as he separated away from us.

"No Jaebum! Don't leave!!" Grace whimpers out when I picked up my sister in my mouth and started to run.

I ran out of there, scared of what will happened in the near future. Those people will pay for what they did to my habitat, my family.

"Millia NOW!" I heard my brother's growl from afar as trees started to disintegrate.

They all started to crash down, with the forest full of ashes. I hear Millia yelp and started to run as fast as she could.

'Oppa please be safe.'

~ Flash Back Before the Fire ~

I was in the kitchen getting tea ready for the meeting my parents wanted with me. I heard Millia come through the door, asking for where I was.

"She'll be here in a minute. Your sister is attending to the lost pups who were recently welcomed." My mother smiles.

I walked in with the tea set in my hands as we started our normal family meeting.

"Tonight we're going to go hunt." My father calmly stated as I furrowed my eyebrows,

"Uh dad. It's normally the deltas job to go and do it. Why do you feel the need to go and scout for food?" Millia asked making me question as well.

"I have a strange feeling. Millia, you will not understand just yet but trust me." He puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Woah this is getting weird, why are you suddenly putting your hand on my shoulders?" Millia got weary of the situation at hand.

"Believe your father honey, just know whatever happens. Run, we'll catch up to you. You may go, we just needed to tell you that. Euphie needs to stay here." My mother kisses my forehead as I looked at Millia who had questioning eyes and slowly left.

"Now Euphemia. Tonight we sense that something might happen. A raid. When that happens I want you to go as far as you can away from here." Father got straight to the point, blowing me away with the situation.

"Tonight? What?! I can't just leave you all." I scoff at their reasonings.

"Honey, it's for the greater good. We need our daughters to be safe." Mother softly frowned making me clench my fist.

"That's idiotic. I refuse to obey such a demand."

"Euphemia. You will listen to me. Whether you like it or not we will soon pass. Human or not we all die!" My father raised his voice at me and I gave him a stern look but I soften up.

"Just... know that I love you and I want what's best for you." Father sighs and hugs me.

"Be safe pumpkin." My mother soon joins in the hug and the grip grew tired.

"I'll just go to bed then... goodnight mom. Dad.." I walked to my room and laid in my bed, processing all of the details when I heard the door open.

I look to the side to see Millia holding Grace in her hands. She laid our baby sister in her bed and tilted her head.

"Noona, what's wrong. You look sad." She sat near me as I shook my head,

"Nothing's wrong, just scared." I told her smiling softly, I saw the weird look she gave me, "Scared? You scared? Okay yeah that's weird."

"I'm always scared." I giggles, "You don't normally state it." Millia rebuttals as I kissed her forehead.

"I'm fine, let's go to sleep. I'm tired." I told her and laid the blanket over me. Not sleeping at all hearing her sigh,

"Fine."

☾  ☽   ☾  ☽

Hearing screams I shot up from my bed to see Grace already gone. "What the-"

I turn to the other bed to see Millia still sleeping,

"Millia please wake up!" I shouted to my sister when I heard cries for help from the villagers.

'Help!' 'Help!' 'Alpha!' 'Lucere! 'The forest is burning down!'

Eventually Millia woke up asking questions as I grabbed her arm and soon ran out of the house.

"We have to go now! Someone in the village had betrayed us we have to go!" I cried and left the house which soon turned into ashes minutes later. 

Millia started to panic and start to look for Grace gone, "Where's Gracie?!"

"That's why we needed to leave faster! She's missing and I'm scared for her!"

We started to run away from the forest, "Wait mom and dad!" Millia yelled as I stopped her from running back.

"Don't go back. Remember what mom said earlier?!"

"Believe your father honey, just know whatever happens. Run, we'll catch up to you."

I saw her head go down and held her head along with tears dropping, "You knew this was going to happen."

"We didn't want to tell you Millia. Please understand this was for you and Grace!" I pleaded as she ripped my hand from her arm and ran back to only get stopped by hyung holding Grace.

"You two take Grace now! I have to go find mom and dad!" Jaebum stated as Grace woke up,

"What's going on?" She asked to see fire and smoke.

"I love you all." Jaebum sadly smiles as trees started crashing down.

"Grace, Euphemia, Millia! Run NOW!" Our older brother growls in his beautiful grey coat of fur as he separated away from us.

"No Jaebum! Don't leave!!" Grace whimpers out when I pick her up in my mouth and ran off.

I froze but turned away and ran for my life.

They will pay, whoever did this.

•Luna: A word to call the female mate who belongs to an Alpha male
•Pup: Baby/Kid wolf