Marian

I was making a paper in history, when someone rung the doorbell. I didn’t expect someone to come. Having looked in a peephole, I saw Betty.  

“Hey, open the door, I must tell you something”, my best friend laughed behind the door. Having passed into my room, she said she had searched for groups about vampires in a social net and stumbled upon a group, where so-called vampires meet. Oh, yeah… We have been interested in vampirism for a long time. We wonder whether vampires really exist or there’s no hope to meet a real vampire. Then why our ancestors saved so many stories devoted to them? Was it just a fable or they really met true vampires?  

We entered the group Betty had talked about. There was a great deal of messages. Some stated they were vampires, others asked to convert them. I felt funny. 

“Do you really believe it? All you can find here are psyches who assert themselves at wenises’ expense. Vamps do not exist, but if they do they wouldn’t tell about themselves here”, I began to laughed at everything what was written on the group wall, scrolling down.  

”Perhaps, you’re right, but we won’t know for sure, if don’t try it. Besides, I feel bored. I would gladly head this investigation”, Betty had a laugh. 

We turned our attention to one message: “I’m a vampire. My name is Marian and I can help you to become closer to whom you aspire to…” 

“Another kind of psyche”, I thought. 

“Let’s chat with him?” the friend quizzically looked at me. Betty logged in and wrote him the following:  

Masha: Hi!))) wanna be a vamp!))) will you help me?
Marian: Are you sure you need it? No turning back...
Masha: yep))) but how can u prove you r vampire??? maybe you r one of those who lie???))))
Marian: I’m not... I can prove it easily. You will repent. We need to meet and you’ll see it with your own eyes.  

Betty was captivated with their talk, but I needed to do my lessons. I had no desire to chat with a schizo at all, only one thing I had in mind - tomorrow’s history class. Betty huffed and left, having said: “Ok, you may sit here, crummer, but I’m going to date with him”. 

“Are you crazy? Going to meet someone you don’t even know?!”, I cried on the heels. 

”Ha-ha-ha, go and study your history. If he’s a real vamp, it will be the best present I’ve ever had! Do not worry, my friend! In any case I’ll return even I will be different. Booo!” Betty smiled ironically and left. 

My heart was full of trouble. “She shouldn’t do it. She only looks for troubles.” I hoped she wouldn’t go anywhere. When I finished, I logged in the social net. She was online.  

Hilary: what's up?, are you home?:D
Mary: I’m ready)))waitin’ for his call. said he would pick me up on black Chevrolet))) I guess it’s the car from Supernatural))) if he’s not a vamp, it doesn’t make him less handsome. go to his page and make sure he’s a lambie-pie)) hope everything will be okay))))  

I went to his page. Truly, he was handsome. He had shoulder-length nutbrown hair, good taste, presuming from his clothes, and if he had said truth about the car he was rich. Seemed, Betty found the bean in the cake. When I was examining his pics, I noticed Betty’s message. 

Mary: that’s it. he has called me. he has sooo calm and pleasant voice)))Ah-h-h! falling in love))) keep yours fingers crossed)I’m out)))
Hilary: well…okey, and I had to sit, chew pizza and wait for you. good luck :3 write me when you come back)  

Betty didn’t read the last message of mine. I was watching a movie and occasionally cast a look at watches. Three hours passed - no messages from her. Probably, a good lad. As a rule, if a boy was against the hair, Betty ran away from date when scarcely an hour passed. Then other 2 hours passed. I was sleepy, sent her a message to know is everything alright. There was no answer. I thought that everything was okay: bid deal, the friend went out on a date with a boy she liked. it was no wonder that had been walking so long. I was dreaming the fifth dream, when she called me: 

“Hallo, do you hear me? Hallo! Wait for me! I’ll be soon, please, sit and wait for me! I’ll knock at the door, open it at once, please, I beg you! And, Hil, vamp…” I heard she was running, sobbing. She didn’t manage to tell me something. I called back several times, but I didn’t hear her anymore.  

I did everything she said. Rolling myself in a rug, I took a knife in the kitchen (just in case), put a mobile close to me and began to wait. I was badly distressed for her, couldn’t wait for her coming. Took a look at watches. It was 00.15 a.m. “Damn, there’s she?” I heard rapping on the door, looked in peephole, but nobody was there. Knocking became harder and harder, I was afraid my door would blow off its hinges. It was unbearable clatter, I felt aghast. I looked in the peephole once again - nobody. Then all ceased suddenly. I opened the door - there was nobody on the stairs landing. I ran back like a bullet from a gun, and sent a message to Betty: “what’s going on? tell me there are you, I’ll find way out, do not keep silence, please”. No answer. I had been sitting in the corridor with the mobile in my hand till the morning. 

She didn’t come to university, and the next day early in the morning a street sweeper came across out Betty’s body. She was mutilated. Her belly was torn, and she lacked part of inners. Obviously, Betty had run to me as they found her in the park that was located near my house. When they told me she had died and what horrible death she had died, I was on the edge of insanity. Marian deleted his page. Together with policemen we produced a facial composite, but I’m sure the case would be closed - they won’t find him. I’m scared to sleep at nights, my windows look on the park where my best friend had been dying with agonizing death. Today I received a message: “wait for answer? i know you’re also want to become closer to whom you aspire to, and I’ll help you”. I’m afraid. I know who has sent it, it seems, he is watching me. Tomorrow I’ll go to the police, and now I’m sitting in front of my computer… I have curtained all windows and rarely take to the streets. Writing this story and crying with fear. Someone’s knocking the door. Probably, it’s a sushi boy… If I be back, I’ll continue. I have more to tell about…